Getting Started with GRAMPS development

Robert Chéramy
Hi,

when I stated hacking into GRAMPS, I had a hard time figuring where to
start, what file to edit and so on. Hoping to help the next GRAMPS'
hackers, I started a small tutorial :
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started_with_GRAMPS_development

Please feel free to append, modify, correct and so on :-)

tibob

Re: Getting Started with GRAMPS development

OldAl
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 02:04:09 Robert Chéramy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I stated hacking into GRAMPS, I had a hard time figuring where to
> start, what file to edit and so on. Hoping to help the next GRAMPS'
> hackers, I started a small tutorial :
> http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started_with_GRA
>MPS_development
>
> Please feel free to append, modify, correct and so on :-)
>
> tibob

Did you really mean "~/gramps/trunk" or should that be "gramps-trunk"?
("gramps-trunk" is the location of trunk downloads in other wiki pages and I
stuck to it for conistency sake).

For me your article is "just what the (medical) doctor ordered" - thank you
for it!

OldAl.

Algis Kabaila schrieb:
> Did you really mean "~/gramps/trunk" or should that be "gramps-trunk"?
> ("gramps-trunk" is the location of trunk downloads in other wiki pages and I
> stuck to it for conistency sake).

Changed, thanks.
(Yes, I really ment it, as I use ~/gramps/trunk at home, but it does not
bother me, and consistency is important!)
> For me your article is "just what the (medical) doctor ordered" - thank you
> for it!

I thought you may like it when I read your posts about which file to
modify. I'm pleased you like it :-)

Cheers,

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 05:43:38 Robert Chéramy wrote:
> Algis Kabaila schrieb:
> > Did you really mean "~/gramps/trunk" or should that be "gramps-trunk"?
> > ("gramps-trunk" is the location of trunk downloads in other wiki pages
> > and I stuck to it for conistency sake).
>
> Changed, thanks.
> (Yes, I really ment it, as I use ~/gramps/trunk at home, but it does not
> bother me, and consistency is important!)

Truth be known, I have started with a similar directory structure -
~/gramps-trunk/trunk, as I used kdesvn, rather than CLI for the first co
(check out),  to create the working copy. I always get mixed up if I use GUI
of kdesvn to create the working directory :-(.

So for conistency sake I now do the initial working directory creation from
CLI.

Thank you for heading my call for help!

Al.
Ah, sie sprechen Deutsch!  Ich habe es verlehrt - bei nahtotal verlehrt :-(
Schande!  Nach dem Weltkrieg hatte ich Enginieurwesen in Stuttgart TH
(Heutzutage, Stuttgart Universitat) studiert. Nach Wehrungsreform (Reichsmark
wechsel zu Deutschmark, mine Frau und ich sind ausgewandert nach Australien,
woh, sweifelloss, meine "Heimat" nun befindet.)

Leider Dutsch kan Ich nicht mehr mehr sprechen oder sogar schreiben...
A.

> > For me your article is "just what the (medical) doctor ordered" - thank
> > you for it!
>
> I thought you may like it when I read your posts about which file to
> modify. I'm pleased you like it :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> tibob

Dr Algis Kabaila (PhD Eng)