Quantcast

Google Maps available for PlacePages?

robhealey1
Greetings All:

I received a personal request to see if it would be possible to add Google Maps to class PlacePage of NarrativeWeb!  I know that there is a wiki page here for directions on how to do it: http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Integrate_google_maps_with_narrative_web_site ...

It is meant to be done for a personal level of the user, but is there enough desire to add it permanently to NarrativeWeb for Gramps-3.3.x?

It seems as if a good prefression for NarrativeWeb.  I can add two options to the Advanced Options tab.

Add Google Maps to Place Pages?
Google Maps API Key

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: Google Maps available for PlacePages?

jerome
Greetings,

Why only Google Maps ?

http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=2313

Regards,
Jérôme

2010/4/11 Rob Healey <[hidden email]>
Greetings All:

I received a personal request to see if it would be possible to add Google Maps to class PlacePage of NarrativeWeb!  I know that there is a wiki page here for directions on how to do it: http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Integrate_google_maps_with_narrative_web_site ...

It is meant to be done for a personal level of the user, but is there enough desire to add it permanently to NarrativeWeb for Gramps-3.3.x?

It seems as if a good prefression for NarrativeWeb.  I can add two options to the Advanced Options tab.

Add Google Maps to Place Pages?
Google Maps API Key

This is very much feature creep.
Create an addon instead, inheriting from narrative web, and adding this functionality.

Next, let's start thinking of making narrative web a plugin based report. That is, have a main frame on how narrative web is done, then do specific parts that write pages with a plugin architecture.
This would split up the code over several parts, would make the different parts less connected and hence better understandable, and would allow to use the addon system to extend the web report output. Like this, the web report becomes more like the book report, where the user adds parts, and configures the different parts to his liking.

Benny

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: Google Maps available for PlacePages?

robhealey1
Dear Benny:

Greetings!  I believe making NarrativeWeb a plugin/ addon system would be a great next step for it!

I do apologize that I do NOT have the knowledge or understanding of python to do this!  If you were able to create the shell of NarrativeWeb and aplugin/ addon, then I can learn from what you have done possibly?

My learning ability has always been: looking over the examples of others and modifying it...

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Benny Malengier <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

DS Blank
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Rob Healey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Benny:
>
> Greetings!  I believe making NarrativeWeb a plugin/ addon system would be a
> great next step for it!

Developers,

I've started some ideas on a plugin extension system here:

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=GEPS_020:_Plugin_Extensions

This is just a place for jotting down some ideas at this point. If you
have suggestions, wild or otherwise, please feel free to make a note
there.

-Doug