Google Summer of Code

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list
Hello everyone,

Is anyone interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code?

"Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on bringing more
student developers into open source software development. Students work
with an open source organization on a 3 month programming project during
their break from school."

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com

As an organisation we meet the requirements of being open source and
have released a product.

In order to participate we would need two organisation administrators
and at leat one mentor.  Details of these roles can be found here:

https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor

Essentially the mentor needs to be a developer who has knowledge of the
code, and the administrators just need organisational skills.  A mentor
can also be an organisation administrator.

If there is any interest I can write an ideas list.  We could always use
someone to write a new visualisation for example, but any other ideas
are welcome.

The deadline for organisations to sign up is 5th February, so we need to
act quickly if we are interested.

If you are a student reading this, and would like to do some work for
us, please also reply.

Regards,

Nick,