Quantcast

Gramplet: To Do notes

Phylis Sophical
This post was updated on .
Is there a way to get all the 'To Do' entries to show no matter which person I have highlighted? I'm sure in my old version (3.?) I was able to view all my To Do notes no matter the person I clicked on.
It seems in this newer version I can only view To Do's I made for each person.

Or is there some way to view all To Do's at once, like you can with Places, Events, Media and so on?

Problem is, I use to record many items in To Do that were rather general, not necessarily relating to one person.

I have read this post from 2015, but doesn't really answer my question. http://tinyurl.com/mefd3wc
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Gramplet: To Do notes

Nick Hall
On 25/03/17 15:19, Phylis Sophical wrote:

> Is there a way to get all the 'To Do' entries to show no matter which person
> I have highlighted? I'm sure in my old version (3.?) I was able to view all
> my To Do notes no matter the person I clicked on.
> It seems in this newer version I can only view To Do's I made for each
> person.
>
> Or is there some way to view all To Do's at once, like you can with Places,
> Events, Media and so on?
>
> Problem is, I use to record many items in To Do that were rather general,
> not necessarily relating to one person.

I suggest that you use the Dashboard To Do gramplet.

Alternatively, use the Note view and filter on the To Do type.

Re: Gramplet: To Do notes

Phylis Sophical
Thxs Nick,

I managed to view all of them by using 'Notes' on the dashboard, along with the 'Filter' Gramplet, using the drop down menu for 'Type'.

As to your first suggestion, I don't have a To Do on the left panel Dashboard. Am I missing something? Or is that something that needs to be installed separately?
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Gramplet: To Do notes

Nick Hall
On 28/03/17 17:34, Phylis Sophical wrote:
> As to your first suggestion, I don't have a To Do on the left panel
> Dashboard. Am I missing something? Or is that something that needs to be
> installed separately?

Click the "Dashboard" view on the left.  Then right-click and select
"Add a gramplet > To Do" from the context menu.

Re: Gramplet: To Do notes

Phylis Sophical
This post was updated on .
The option to add a Gramplet from the "Dashboard" view was actually on the Right panel. There's no drop-down arrow as in other views. It's rather picky as to the area to Right click, which is within the header of an existing Gramplet. Could just be my version which is GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows10.
Got it now with lots of To Do options.
Thanks again, Nick
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10