[Gramps 2.2 0000938]: Database verification tool shows 'Unborn father when child birthdate missing

[Gramps 2.2 0000938]: Database verification tool shows 'Unborn father when child birthdate missing

Tim Lyons-5
(1) acraphae has updated this bug to say:

> Gramps 3.0 trunk converts the Gedcom 2 DATE BET ABT 1912 AND 1915
> to: "estimated between 1912 and 1915"
>
> kulath: Is this solution ok with you? This won't be fixed in
> 2.2.x , but
> an upgrade to gramps 3.0 once it will be out, will support this
> kind of
> dates better.

This is a perfectly fine solution, thanks very much.

(2) On 11 Apr 2007, Don Alllingham emailed me to say:

after I had said:

>> (2) There are some dates of the general format BET ABT <date1> and
>> <date2> for example at line 1630 2 DATE BET ABT 1830 AND 1832. I have
>> raised this as a bug on the bugsite. It is actually invalid GEDCOM,
>> but I suggest it should be translated into Gramps as ESTIMATED
>> BETWEEN <date1> and <date2>. (Gene allows any valid date format to
>> appear as <date1> ond <date2>, not just a naked year). At present
>> Gramps import produces a rendering that seems invalid in Gramps.

So I had thought that the code might already be in the 2.2.x code.
But it doesn't matter either way - and the solution seems to be the
solution you have described.

(3) Sorry to ask this here, but can I update the bug with text like
the above when it is closed, or would I need to reopen it just to add
that I am happy?

(4) Can I email acraphae through the bug tracker?

Thanks, and sorry for the long  message

regards,
Tim Lyons (kulath).

Re: [Gramps 2.2 0000938]: Database verification tool shows 'Unborn father when child birthdate missing

Raphael Ackermann
Hi Tim,

On Feb 5, 2008 12:49 AM, Tim Lyons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (1) acraphae has updated this bug to say:
>
> > Gramps 3.0 trunk converts the Gedcom 2 DATE BET ABT 1912 AND 1915
> > to: "estimated between 1912 and 1915"
> >
> > kulath: Is this solution ok with you? This won't be fixed in
> > 2.2.x , but
> > an upgrade to gramps 3.0 once it will be out, will support this
> > kind of
> > dates better.
>

> This is a perfectly fine solution, thanks very much.
>

> (2) On 11 Apr 2007, Don Alllingham emailed me to say:
>
> > I believe I have fixes for both of these, and it should be
> > incorporated
> > into the 2.2.7 release. I am deleting the GEDCOM file now.
> >
> > Don

[snip]

> So I had thought that the code might already be in the 2.2.x code.
> But it doesn't matter either way - and the solution seems to be the
> solution you have described.

I don't know whether Don has checked in code for this. I have just
verified that trunk handles the dates in the above noted way.

> (3) Sorry to ask this here, but can I update the bug with text like
> the above when it is closed, or would I need to reopen it just to add
> that I am happy?

Unfortunately, you have to reopen a bug to add notes once it has been
put into status resolved or closed. Feel free to reopen just to add a
note, even if it is just to say that you are happy with the solution
or that you verified that it works for you.

Btw. This is bugging me too, that it is not possible to add notes to
resolved bugs. Could this be changed in the Mantis configuration?

> (4) Can I email acraphae through the bug tracker?

I am getting an email whenever a note is added to a bug where I am the
assignee or have added notes myself. This depends on the preferences
of the people though, but I would imagine that most developers get
notified if a note is added to one of their bugs.

Raphael (acraphae)