Gramps 3.2.0!

Stéphane Charette-2
The Gramps Developers have released:

Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.

* New Plugin System:
-> In the Help Menu -> Menu Status, all available plugins are visible.
All plugins can be hidden, saving resources and hiding options you do
not need.

* Faster:
-> Many under the hood improvements have occurred that should improve
performance enormously. New features are implemented as plugins that
can be hidden.
-> Performance improvement example: Insertion of a new person in a
family tree with 30000 people previously took 4 seconds on a 1.4GHz PC
running Gramps 3.1, but now takes milliseconds.

* New Views:
-> There are new views, and some existing views have been greatly improved.
-> People view can now be sorted on the columns.
-> A Place treeview is present, nicely grouping your places under
country groups.
-> GeoView has left it's beta status behind and shows your data on an
online map (OpenStreetMap or Google Maps, a fast internet connection
is required).
-> Help Menu -> Extra Reports/Tools open a webpage with downloadable views.

* Other Improvements:
-> Styled Notes now in most output formats that support styles.
-> New languages.
-> Select language in which report should be created (not yet
available in all reports).

The source tarball is currently available on SourceForge; other
packages (Ubuntu, Windows, Fedora, etc.)  will also be made available
from SourceForge once built.

Stéphane

Re: [Gramps-devel] Gramps 3.2.0!

Espen Berg-2
Great job!
I have announced this on the forum of the Norwegian Genealogy association.

Espen

2010/3/15 Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]>:

> The Gramps Developers have released:
>
> Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.
>
> * New Plugin System:
> -> In the Help Menu -> Menu Status, all available plugins are visible.
> All plugins can be hidden, saving resources and hiding options you do
> not need.
>
> * Faster:
> -> Many under the hood improvements have occurred that should improve
> performance enormously. New features are implemented as plugins that
> can be hidden.
> -> Performance improvement example: Insertion of a new person in a
> family tree with 30000 people previously took 4 seconds on a 1.4GHz PC
> running Gramps 3.1, but now takes milliseconds.
>
> * New Views:
> -> There are new views, and some existing views have been greatly improved.
> -> People view can now be sorted on the columns.
> -> A Place treeview is present, nicely grouping your places under
> country groups.
> -> GeoView has left it's beta status behind and shows your data on an
> online map (OpenStreetMap or Google Maps, a fast internet connection
> is required).
> -> Help Menu -> Extra Reports/Tools open a webpage with downloadable views.
>
> * Other Improvements:
> -> Styled Notes now in most output formats that support styles.
> -> New languages.
> -> Select language in which report should be created (not yet
> available in all reports).
>
> The source tarball is currently available on SourceForge; other
> packages (Ubuntu, Windows, Fedora, etc.)  will also be made available
> from SourceForge once built.
>
> Stéphane

Re: [Gramps-devel] Gramps 3.2.0!

More info and how to upgrade on
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.2_Wiki_Manual_-_What%27s_new%3F

Note the warnings: A Mac OS X portage and Win 7 64 bit user have
indicated upgrade of a family tree from 3.1 to 3.2 needs to happen via
export to a gramps-xml file.  Other users (linux, Win XP, ...) have
not indicated such problems, but doing a backup to gramps-xml before
upgrade is _always_ the wisest action.

Benny

2010/3/15 Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]>:

> The Gramps Developers have released:
>
> Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.
>
> * New Plugin System:
> -> In the Help Menu -> Menu Status, all available plugins are visible.
> All plugins can be hidden, saving resources and hiding options you do
> not need.
>
> * Faster:
> -> Many under the hood improvements have occurred that should improve
> performance enormously. New features are implemented as plugins that
> can be hidden.
> -> Performance improvement example: Insertion of a new person in a
> family tree with 30000 people previously took 4 seconds on a 1.4GHz PC
> running Gramps 3.1, but now takes milliseconds.
>
> * New Views:
> -> There are new views, and some existing views have been greatly improved.
> -> People view can now be sorted on the columns.
> -> A Place treeview is present, nicely grouping your places under
> country groups.
> -> GeoView has left it's beta status behind and shows your data on an
> online map (OpenStreetMap or Google Maps, a fast internet connection
> is required).
> -> Help Menu -> Extra Reports/Tools open a webpage with downloadable views.
>
> * Other Improvements:
> -> Styled Notes now in most output formats that support styles.
> -> New languages.
> -> Select language in which report should be created (not yet
> available in all reports).
>
> The source tarball is currently available on SourceForge; other
> packages (Ubuntu, Windows, Fedora, etc.)  will also be made available
> from SourceForge once built.
>
> Stéphane

Re: [Gramps-devel] Gramps 3.2.0!

Jay Treacy
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 01:49:50AM -0700, Stéphane Charette wrote:
> The Gramps Developers have released:
>
> Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.

Already available in Debian sid. It should be available in testing
in 10 days.

--
James Treacy

Re: Gramps 3.2.0!

Peter Hewett-2
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:49:50 Stéphane Charette wrote:
> The Gramps Developers have released:
> Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.

Great!

Well done to all the developers.
The .deb install fine here on Kubuntu 9.10 64bit.

Thank you

Re: Gramps 3.2.0!

mike-749
Installed ver3.2.0 for Ubuntu 9.1
alll working fine except for Geoview

Mike

Peter Hewett wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:49:50 Stéphane Charette wrote:

The Gramps Developers have released:
Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.

Great!

Well done to all the developers.
The .deb install fine here on Kubuntu 9.10 64bit.

Thank you

Re: Gramps 3.2.0!

Benny Malengier
2010/3/16 mike <[hidden email]>:
> Installed ver3.2.0 for Ubuntu 9.1
> alll working fine except for Geoview

Did the install of the deb install the python-webkit package?
It is optional for developers to make that a hard requirement or not.

Benny

> Mike
>
> Peter Hewett wrote:
>
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:49:50 Stéphane Charette wrote:
>

> The Gramps Developers have released:
> Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am you father" release.
>

> Great!
>
> Well done to all the developers.
> The .deb install fine here on Kubuntu 9.10 64bit.
>
> Thank you

Re: Gramps 3.2.0!

mike-749
Got Geoview working ,
guess I was doing something wrong
All OK now
Mike

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:13:55PM +0100, Benny Malengier wrote:
> 2010/3/16 mike <[hidden email]>:
> > Installed ver3.2.0 for Ubuntu 9.1
> > alll working fine except for Geoview
>
> Did the install of the deb install the python-webkit package?
> It is optional for developers to make that a hard requirement or not.

It is only Recommended.

--
James Treacy