Gramps 3.2.2 Released!

Stéphane Charette-2
The Gramps developers are happy to announce the release of Gramps
3.2.2, the "Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat" release.

This is primarily a fix to the previous 3.2.1 release to solve a
problem in NarrativeWeb.

Version 3.2.2 -- the "Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat" release.
* This release is a quick fix to a problem introduced by NarrativeWeb
in the previous release.
* Also includes a few small fixes and translation updates to hr and it.
* See the release notes from the 3.2.1 release for the full list of
changes and translation updates.

Since 3.2.2 follows quickly on the heels of 3.2.1, here is the summary
of that release:

Version 3.2.1 -- the "One of those men is my father" release.
* Many bug fixes:
 -> fixed missing icons
 -> load/reload plugins must unload old plugins
 -> import/export fixes (date ranges, underscore, latitude/longitude)
 -> narrative web crash fixes and many updates, html notes, css updates
 -> geoview fixes and updates
 -> unicode error in soundex
 -> fixed crash on data entry
* Translation updates: bg, ca, de, es, fr, he, hr, it, nb, nl, sk, sv

Stéphane Charette

Saving graph options

bicifamiliar
Hi everybody,

I am Francesc and I have a problem. I am researching several family
trees in parallel, and I use mainly the "Family Lines Graph" as a
reference when I interview people. But if I choose a custom size in
"Paper Options", and then close Gramps, it forgets that custom size.

What I miss the most, though, is an option to save the graph
configuration in "People of Interest": namely, the list of people that
should appear. Right now, I have built a very large tree (90 cm x 300
cm), I don't dare make a new one with different people, because I would
lose the configuration I worked so hard to do for the previous one.

Is there a way to do either of these two things, or should I post a
request for improvement? I'm running Gramps 3.2.1-1 under Ubuntu.

Thanks a lot, Francesc

Re: Saving graph options

Stéphane Charette-2
> I am Francesc and I have a problem. I am researching several family
> trees in parallel, and I use mainly the "Family Lines Graph" as a
> reference when I interview people. But if I choose a custom size in
> "Paper Options", and then close Gramps, it forgets that custom size.

That I cannot reproduce.  I remember it being a problem a long time
ago (in the 2.x days) but I haven't seen that problem in a long time.
I just brought up Gramps 3.2.2, and my paper size is still set to
customized 99"x99".  I don't know what to tell you.  Does it make a
difference if you toggle the "metric" checkbox?

> What I miss the most, though, is an option to save the graph
> configuration in "People of Interest": namely, the list of people that
> should appear. Right now, I have built a very large tree (90 cm x 300
> cm), I don't dare make a new one with different people, because I would
> lose the configuration I worked so hard to do for the previous one.

Oh, this I know what you mean.  :)  Both "People of Interest" and
"Family Colours" for me are heavily customized.  This is not a
solution that scales nor is it pretty, but please note that all of the
FamilyLines settings (and more) are stored in this file:

    /home/username/.gramps/report_options.xml

This way you can mess around with the settings, and then have it back
the way it originally was by restoring this file.  I recall someone
saying a long time ago it would be nice if the settings could be
saved/restored from a file, or from some sort of drop-down list.  This
way they could easily maintain several different "family lines graph".
 Feel free to enter a bug ticket with your request if you don't want
your request/suggestion to get lost.

Stéphane Charette

Re: [Gramps-devel] Gramps 3.2.2 Released!

Jay Treacy
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 01:29:12AM -0700, Stéphane Charette wrote:
> The Gramps developers are happy to announce the release of Gramps
> 3.2.2, the "Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat" release.

The debian package has been uploaded. It should be at your favorite
mirror in a few hours. Those using testing can download the package
from sid as there should be no dependency problems or wait 10 days for
it to migrate.

--
James Treacy

Re: Saving graph options

2010/4/26 Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]>
> I am Francesc and I have a problem. I am researching several family
> trees in parallel, and I use mainly the "Family Lines Graph" as a
> reference when I interview people. But if I choose a custom size in
> "Paper Options", and then close Gramps, it forgets that custom size.

That I cannot reproduce.  I remember it being a problem a long time
ago (in the 2.x days) but I haven't seen that problem in a long time.
I just brought up Gramps 3.2.2, and my paper size is still set to
customized 99"x99".  I don't know what to tell you.  Does it make a
difference if you toggle the "metric" checkbox?

> What I miss the most, though, is an option to save the graph
> configuration in "People of Interest": namely, the list of people that
> should appear. Right now, I have built a very large tree (90 cm x 300
> cm), I don't dare make a new one with different people, because I would
> lose the configuration I worked so hard to do for the previous one.

Oh, this I know what you mean.  :)  Both "People of Interest" and
"Family Colours" for me are heavily customized.  This is not a
solution that scales nor is it pretty, but please note that all of the
FamilyLines settings (and more) are stored in this file:

   /home/username/.gramps/report_options.xml

This way you can mess around with the settings, and then have it back
the way it originally was by restoring this file.  I recall someone
saying a long time ago it would be nice if the settings could be
saved/restored from a file, or from some sort of drop-down list.  This
way they could easily maintain several different "family lines graph".
 Feel free to enter a bug ticket with your request if you don't want
your request/suggestion to get lost.

Yes, best is to just create a file where you save your settings for familylines from report_options.xml, so you can switch it back as you like when needed.

Benny

Stéphane Charette

Re: Saving graph options

bicifamiliar
Hi again

About the first problem, the configuration is kept as long as I don't turn off the computer. I can go in and out of Gramps, and it remembers the paper options. But if I turn the computer off and then back on, I lose the paper orientation and the paper size (it's a custom size, given in cm.). However, selecting the "Metric" checkbox does make a difference. If I don't check it, the configuration remains.

And about the second, thanks for the workaround. It will do for now, but I think it would be nice if Gramps provided this as a feature from within the GUI. So I will file a request for the improvement.

Thanks a lot, Francesc

En/na Stéphane Charette ha escrit: