Gramps 4.0.4 for this week?

jerome
Devs,

We could release 4.0.4, now! [1]
Maybe for this week?

OK, it was planned some months ago...

Still two issues pending:

* #7722: crash on Geography,
related to cairo version, path and encoding
// Looks like fixed by Serge and John // :)

* #7720: maybe a pygobject > 3.8 issue leading to a segfault on Gtk.TreeModel.
For this one, I was able to fix the basic "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute" on FamilyModel via simple tests (if ...:), but the segfault makes me thinking that this cannot be a problem on all configurations and this should not block the release.

... so, we could now release '4.0.4'!

What do you think?

Re: Gramps 4.0.4 for this week?

Paul Franklin-5
> What do you think?

Great idea!

Re: Gramps 4.0.4 for this week?

On 20/05/14 20:23, Jerome wrote:
> We could release 4.0.4, now! [1]
> Maybe for this week?

OK.

How does this fit in with the v4.1 release which was originally planned
for tomorrow?

Shall we move the v4.1 release to 28th May?

Re: Gramps 4.0.4 for this week?

Paul Franklin-5
> How does this fit in with the v4.1 release which was originally planned
> for tomorrow?
>
> Shall we move the v4.1 release to 28th May?

I certainly would prefer to see more trunk/master translations
brought up to date before 4.1 is released.  I doubt many are.