Gramps 4.1.2 released

jerome
The Gramps team releases version 4.1.2, the
“That's no ordinary rabbit“ release.

Fixes and changes since 4.1.1:

*     Error converting python2 utf-8 strings to python3 str when loading data from database
*     Removing a parent place from a place leaves a dangling reference
*     Error during checking the database
*     Stubborn blank space in database won't be removed, fix removing rows in flat list views
*     Database upgrade fails if default media path is not set
*     Error converting database after upgrade to Gramps 4.1.1
*     Error in a single place within the places section
*     Entries from the add-or-choose selector of Place/Source/Media/Note cannot be dragged
*     Enclosing places tab should work like other similar tabs, new place reference editor
*     Association editor refuses dropped persons
*     Error on opening twice an object from clipboard
*     Incorrect spacing in export assistant file chooser
*     New Event types are saved as a disordered list
*     Always display main participants
*     Place titles can now be generated on-the-fly by a place displayer, default is still to use the place title field
*     GEDCOM import of embedded notes attached to media does not work
*     Crash on Ancestry.com .ged import; consistent.
*     Errors handling owner/submitter information in GEDCOM files.
            Only import researcher from GEDCOM or XML if the family tree was originally empty.
*     GEDCOM export does not export media attached to citations.
*     The fanchart view crashes if max generation is set to 1 away.
*     Sidebar Filters do not match placetypes in new placeview, two new filter rules (HasTitle, HasData)
*     Fix bug when family has no parents
*     Fix bad handle in explanation note for unknown event
*     Some labels now fit better on citations sidebar filter
*     Views in Geography should not always use the last option set by the user
*     Request for keyboard-controlled zoom on Geography view
*     Error geography view - Displaying main menu
*     Configure screen needs a file selector to select directory for "offline mode" files
*     Filter panel on geography view displays improperly
*     Detailed descendant report crashes, bibliography (citations)
*     Can't disable box shadow in SVG descendant tree
*     Descendant tree graphical report, syntax error in svg output
*     Regression: Complete Individual report has partially-untranslated output
*     Events Page in Narrative Report not working
*     Gramps freeze after defining a report style with German cm values
*     Various problems with docgen.TextDoc.add_media_object
*     Report event attribute name is not translated
*     Records Gramplet uses wrong text
*     Closing detached gramplet causes python to crash
*     Cannot reduce size of gramplets detached from a gramplet bar
*     Gramplets don't fill window when detached from dashboard
*     ImageMetadata doesn't show metadata
*     typo on GLib call, used by an addon only
*     Fix error setting gramplet tab label
*     Check for active person in session log gramplet
*     Spurious spaces in CLI List Family Trees, tab delimited output.
            Print statements changed to assemble the whole line before output.
*     Gtk3 warning and custom undoableentry widget, see bugzilla_id 644927
*     Warnings: deprecated Gtk properties and errors loading theme icon.
            Fix: database manager dialog is inconsistent for older gtk+3 versions.
            Warnings: deprecated Gtk properties and errors loading theme icon.
            Fix: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-apply'
*     gramps fails to start with gtk+-3.13.3
*     Places in data.gramps are not in the new Place hierarchy
*     Upgrade the version of some dependencies for Mac OS and Windows OS.
*     Keywords entry in gramps.desktop does not work
*     'Available Gramps Updates for Addons' window not on top
*     Some text not translatable in context menu fancharts
*     Fix for Unit test
*     date inflections in _datehandler.py, update for Ukrainian, Russian, Croatian
*     Better support for Serbian and Turkish locales
*     New translation: Icelandic
*     Re-enable Turkish support after a major review. Thank you Uğur.
*     Updated translations: cs, de, eo, fi, fr, hr, hu, it, nb, nn, ru, sk, sr, sv, uk, zh_CN

You can get Gramps 4.1.2 from the download page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.1.2/

Thank you all!

Re: Gramps 4.1.2 released

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I think there is a mistake in graphview.py line 1241,
there is an incorect tab line 1241 before  name =
name.center(int(len(name) *2)).lstrip()

witch cause error "  inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
(graphview.py, line 1241) "

Best regards

Le 28/02/2015 20:05, jerome a écrit :

> [...]
>              Fix: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-apply'
> *     gramps fails to start with gtk+-3.13.3
> *     Places in data.gramps are not in the new Place hierarchy
> *     Upgrade the version of some dependencies for Mac OS and Windows OS.
> *     Keywords entry in gramps.desktop does not work
> *     'Available Gramps Updates for Addons' window not on top
> *     Some text not translatable in context menu fancharts
> *     Fix for Unit test
> *     date inflections in _datehandler.py, update for Ukrainian, Russian, Croatian
> *     Better support for Serbian and Turkish locales
> *     New translation: Icelandic
> *     Re-enable Turkish support after a major review. Thank you Uğur.
> *     Updated translations: cs, de, eo, fi, fr, hr, hu, it, nb, nn, ru, sk, sr, sv, uk, zh_CN
>
> You can get Gramps 4.1.2 from the download page:

Re: Gramps 4.1.2 released

jerome
Hello,

Graphview is currently an addon
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Graph_View

Maybe except if included into bundles (.dmg, .exe), we can easily fix this
mistake.

Best regards,
Jérôme

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-devel] Gramps 4.1.2 released
 À: [hidden email]
 Date: Samedi 28 février 2015, 22h57

 Hello,

 a écrit :
 > The Gramps team releases
 version 4.1.2, the
 > “That's no
 ordinary rabbit“ release.

 > Fixes and changes since 4.1.1:
 >
 > *
    Error converting python2 utf-8 strings to
 python3 str when loading data from database
 > *     Removing a parent place
 from a place leaves a dangling reference
 > *     Error during checking
 the database
 > *     Stubborn
 blank space in database won't be removed, fix removing
 rows in flat list views
 > *
    Database upgrade fails if default media path
 is not set
 > *     Error
 converting database after upgrade to Gramps 4.1.1
 > *     Error in a single place
 within the places section
 > *
    Entries from the add-or-choose selector of
 Place/Source/Media/Note cannot be dragged
 > *     Enclosing places tab
 should work like other similar tabs, new place reference
 editor
 > *     Association
 editor refuses dropped persons
 > *
    Error on opening twice an object from
 clipboard
 > *     Incorrect
 spacing in export assistant file chooser
 > *     New Event types are
 saved as a disordered list
 > *
    Always display main participants
 > *     Place titles can now be
 generated on-the-fly by a place displayer, default is still
 to use the place title field
 > *
    GEDCOM import of embedded notes attached to
 media does not work
 > *
    Crash on Ancestry.com .ged import;
 consistent.
 > *     Errors
 handling owner/submitter information in GEDCOM files.
 >              Only import researcher
 from GEDCOM or XML if the family tree was originally
 empty.
 > *     GEDCOM export
 does not export media attached to citations.
 > *     The fanchart view
 crashes if max generation is set to 1 away.
 > *     Sidebar Filters do not
 match placetypes in new placeview, two new filter rules
 (HasTitle, HasData)
 > *
    Fix bug when family has no parents
 > *     Fix bad handle in
 explanation note for unknown event
 > *
    Some labels now fit better on citations
 sidebar filter
 in Geography should not always use the last option set by
 the user
 > *     Request for
 keyboard-controlled zoom on Geography view
 > *     Error geography view -
 Displaying main menu
 > *
    Configure screen needs a file selector to
 select directory for "offline mode" files
 > *     Filter panel on
 geography view displays improperly
 > *
    Detailed descendant report crashes,
 bibliography (citations)
 > *
    Can't disable box shadow in SVG descendant
 tree
 > *     Descendant tree
 graphical report, syntax error in svg output
 > *     Regression: Complete
 Individual report has partially-untranslated output
 > *     Events Page in Narrative
 Report not working
 > *
    Gramps freeze after defining a report style
 with German cm values
 > *
    Various problems with
 docgen.TextDoc.add_media_object
 > *
    Report event attribute name is not
 translated
 > *     Records
 Gramplet uses wrong text
 > *
    Closing detached gramplet causes python to
 crash
 > *     Cannot reduce
 size of gramplets detached from a gramplet bar
 > *     Gramplets don't fill
 window when detached from dashboard
 > *
    ImageMetadata doesn't show metadata
 > *     typo on GLib call, used
 by an addon only
 > *     Fix
 error setting gramplet tab label
 > *
    Check for active person in session log
 gramplet
 > *     Spurious
 spaces in CLI List Family Trees, tab delimited output.
 >              Print statements
 changed to assemble the whole line before output.
 > *     Gtk3 warning and custom
 undoableentry widget, see bugzilla_id 644927
 > *     Warnings: deprecated Gtk
 properties and errors loading theme icon.
 >              Fix: database manager
 dialog is inconsistent for older gtk+3 versions.
 >              Warnings: deprecated
 Gtk properties and errors loading theme icon.
 >              Fix: Error loading
 theme icon 'gtk-apply'
 > *
    gramps fails to start with gtk+-3.13.3
 > *     Places in data.gramps
 are not in the new Place hierarchy
 > *
    Upgrade the version of some dependencies for
 Mac OS and Windows OS.
 > *
    Keywords entry in gramps.desktop does not
 work
 > *     'Available
 Gramps Updates for Addons' window not on top
 > *     Some text not
 translatable in context menu fancharts

 *     Fix for Unit test
 > *
    date inflections in _datehandler.py, update
 for Ukrainian, Russian, Croatian
 > *
    Better support for Serbian and Turkish
 locales
 > *     New
 translation: Icelandic
 > *
    Re-enable Turkish support after a major
 review. Thank you Uğur.
 > *
    Updated translations: cs, de, eo, fi, fr, hr,
 hu, it, nb, nn, ru, sk, sr, sv, uk, zh_CN

 > You can get Gramps
 4.1.2 from the download page:
 > http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.1.2/
 >
 > Thank you
 all!

 > Dive into the World of Parallel
 Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored
 > by Intel and developed in partnership with
 Slashdot Media, is your hub for all

 things parallel software development, from weekly thought
 leadership blogs to
 > news, videos, case
 studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the

 Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The
 Go Parallel Website, sponsored
 by Intel and
 developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub
 for all
 things parallel software
 development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to
 news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more.
 Take a look and join the
 conversation now.
 http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/