Gramps 4.2.4 doesn't launch on my Mac under Yosemite

Gramps 4.2.4 doesn't launch on my Mac under Yosemite

Alain Pastor
Hi,

Am I the only one facing this trouble? Or did I miss something?

Symptom: after the very first double-click on the icon's app., I got a
message from the system asking me if I really wanted to open the
application, which is somewhat a normal behavior, gramps not being
registered by Apple. After hitting the OK button, the launch process
died silently, that is to say it was aborted without further notice.

Strange enough once I have restored 4.2.3, I have had the opportunity to
install new tools via the add-ons Manager. I thought this updating
feature was broken because the last time I saw such a window popping up
at start up I was way too young to remember.

TIA for your advices and your help

Alain

PS: I could grab the following system log via the Console.app which
might help, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Sep  6 16:03:54 Mac-Pro-Alain com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]
(org.postfix.master[37793]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Sep  6 16:03:54 Mac-Pro-Alain com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]
(org.postfix.master): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn
out by 9 seconds.
Sep  6 16:03:58 Mac-Pro-Alain.local defaults[37791]:
     The domain/default pair of
(/Users/Alain/Library/Preferences/org.gramps-project.gramps,
AppleCollationOrder) does not exist

Re: Gramps 4.2.4 doesn't launch on my Mac under Yosemite

Paul Franklin-5
I will offer my usual comment that to the best of my knowledge
the Mac maintainer doesn't read the gramps-users list.

So if you are just asking for information from other Mac users,
that's fine.  This is the place to do it.

But if you decide it's a bug, file a report on the bug tracker,
bugs.gramps-project.org.

Le 06/09/2016 à 20:15, Paul Franklin a écrit :
> I will offer my usual comment that to the best of my knowledge
> the Mac maintainer doesn't read the gramps-users list.
>
> So if you are just asking for information from other Mac users,
> that's fine.  This is the place to do it.
>
> But if you decide it's a bug, file a report on the bug tracker,
> bugs.gramps-project.org.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Before filing a bug I would have liked to be sure
that the trouble doesn't come from a stupidity of mine.

Alain

Re: Gramps 4.2.4 doesn't launch on my Mac under Yosemite

Alain Pastor

In case someone is following this thread, just a quick note to let you
know that somebody suffering from the same issue has already filed a bug
report.

Cheers,

Alain

Le 06/09/2016 à 20:28, Alain Pastor a écrit :

> Le 06/09/2016 à 20:15, Paul Franklin a écrit :
>> I will offer my usual comment that to the best of my knowledge
>> the Mac maintainer doesn't read the gramps-users list.
>>
>> So if you are just asking for information from other Mac users,
>> that's fine.  This is the place to do it.
>>
>> But if you decide it's a bug, file a report on the bug tracker,
>> bugs.gramps-project.org.
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Before filing a bug I would have liked to be sure
> that the trouble doesn't come from a stupidity of mine.
>
> Alain

Re: Gramps 4.2.4 doesn't launch on my Mac under Yosemite

Alain Pastor

And to put an end to this thread, a new version of Gramps fixing the bug
on the Mac platform has been uploaded.

Ice on the cake, the new version fixes also the bug with the Graphview
gramplet which was broken at my side.

Cheers,

Alain

Le 07/09/2016 à 20:58, Alain Pastor a écrit :

> In case someone is following this thread, just a quick note to let you
> know that somebody suffering from the same issue has already filed a bug
> report.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alain
>
> Le 06/09/2016 à 20:28, Alain Pastor a écrit :
>> Le 06/09/2016 à 20:15, Paul Franklin a écrit :
>>> I will offer my usual comment that to the best of my knowledge
>>> the Mac maintainer doesn't read the gramps-users list.
>>>
>>> So if you are just asking for information from other Mac users,
>>> that's fine.  This is the place to do it.
>>>
>>> But if you decide it's a bug, file a report on the bug tracker,
>>> bugs.gramps-project.org.
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. Before filing a bug I would have liked to be sure
>> that the trouble doesn't come from a stupidity of mine.
>>
>> Alain

Re: Gramps 4.2.4 doesn't launch on my Mac under Yosemite

sturdy
Great! Thanks Alain.