Gramps 4.2.7 and 5.0.0-beta1 releases

Nick Hall
Devs,

I think we are almost ready for the next releases.

The 4.2.7 release will contain fixes for dark themes amongst others.

Hopefully 5.0.0 will only need single beta release.  Then after a couple
of weeks testing we will plan a string freeze for translators
mid-February and a final release at the end of February.

John, Jossip, Jérôme - what is you availability around the weekend of
27th/28th January and also at the end of February?

Re: Gramps 4.2.7 and 5.0.0-beta1 releases

John Ralls-2

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 9:46 AM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Devs,
>
> I think we are almost ready for the next releases.
>
> The 4.2.7 release will contain fixes for dark themes amongst others.
>
> Hopefully 5.0.0 will only need single beta release.  Then after a couple of weeks testing we will plan a string freeze for translators mid-February and a final release at the end of February.
>
> John, Jossip, Jérôme - what is you availability around the weekend of 27th/28th January and also at the end of February?

No problem for me.

Regards,
John Ralls

Re: Gramps 4.2.7 and 5.0.0-beta1 releases

Ross Gammon
On 01/18/2018 02:38 AM, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Jan 17, 2018, at 9:46 AM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Devs,
>>
>> I think we are almost ready for the next releases.
>>
>> The 4.2.7 release will contain fixes for dark themes amongst others.
>>
>> Hopefully 5.0.0 will only need single beta release.  Then after a couple of weeks testing we will plan a string freeze for translators mid-February and a final release at the end of February.
>>
>> John, Jossip, Jérôme - what is you availability around the weekend of 27th/28th January and also at the end of February?
>
> No problem for me.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
If Jerome is not around, I can help take care of the Debian package. I
can't guarantee a speedy upload though, as work is crazy busy at the moment.

Regards,
Ross