Gramps 4.2.7 released

Nick Hall
Version 4.2.7, a new maintenance release, has been released.

Make sure to backup before you upgrade.

See:
https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_make_a_backup

Changes since 4.2.6:

* Fix Export View to CSV when Unicode characters are present
* Fix several intl date displayers for missing parameter
* DescendantTree report; fix crashes and Title spacing
* Fix Book XML handler to deal with unusual characters in Book name
* Add support for new genealogy tree report category
* Fix Media Preview Gramplet for closed db
* Suport FTM 2017 Gedcom tags on import
* Fix Person, Family Sidebar Filters to add custom Event types
* Fix QuestionDialog display for html like characters in title
* Fix FamilyRelationshpType _DATAMAP order to correspond with values
* Fix Gedcom import for illegal Gedcom Family Attributes
* Fix Gedcom export for bad Hebrew Months
* Change INSTALL to replace 'python' with 'python3 for script invokes
* Fix CSV importer for place event name using gramps_id
* Fix Geography view 'Find' when db is closed
* Fix interactive search for exception on click then down arrow
* Create where_is utility to locate a binary in the standard places
* Fix relationship Graph so Unicode chars on Multiple pages works
* Update authors file
* Fix Gedcom import for "1 MARR Y" issue
* Fix Export Web Family Tree for errors on file write
* Fix Citation Editor to Tab out of Confidence ComboBox
* Reset the dependencies on the new meta-module
* Use online modules
* Consolidate Python2 and Python3 meta-modules
* Use None as the foreground colour for untagged rows in list views
* Fix shading colour in relationship view for dark themes
* Fix link colour for dark themes
* Fix default foreground colour in list views for dark themes
* Fix Undo; crashes due to race in Gtk
* Gedcom import with OBJE/FORM URL on event
* EOFError [Ran out of input] in Clipboard
* Cannot drag & drop textual value via clipboard
* Fix 'DbBsddbRead' object has no attribute '_Callback__callback_map'
* Reports - Narrated Web Site Failure
* Fix link path in gramps-launcher compile instructions
* Update translations: fi, de

Re: Gramps 4.2.7 released

Peter Hewett-2

Great
Thank you to all the developers.

------------------------
From: Nick Hall <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 21:31:24 +0000
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Gramps-users] Gramps 4.2.7 released

> Version 4.2.7, a new maintenance release, has been released.
>
> Make sure to backup before you upgrade.
>
> See:
> https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_make_a_backup
>
> Changes since 4.2.6:
>
> * Fix Export View to CSV when Unicode characters are present
> * Fix several intl date displayers for missing parameter
> * DescendantTree report; fix crashes and Title spacing
> * Fix Book XML handler to deal with unusual characters in Book name
> * Add support for new genealogy tree report category
> * Fix Media Preview Gramplet for closed db
> * Suport FTM 2017 Gedcom tags on import
> * Fix Person, Family Sidebar Filters to add custom Event types
> * Fix QuestionDialog display for html like characters in title
> * Fix FamilyRelationshpType _DATAMAP order to correspond with values
> * Fix Gedcom import for illegal Gedcom Family Attributes
> * Fix Gedcom export for bad Hebrew Months
> * Change INSTALL to replace 'python' with 'python3 for script invokes
> * Fix CSV importer for place event name using gramps_id
> * Fix Geography view 'Find' when db is closed
> * Fix interactive search for exception on click then down arrow
> * Create where_is utility to locate a binary in the standard places
> * Fix relationship Graph so Unicode chars on Multiple pages works
> * Update authors file
> * Fix Gedcom import for "1 MARR Y" issue
> * Fix Export Web Family Tree for errors on file write
> * Fix Citation Editor to Tab out of Confidence ComboBox
> * Reset the dependencies on the new meta-module
> * Use online modules
> * Consolidate Python2 and Python3 meta-modules
> * Use None as the foreground colour for untagged rows in list views
> * Fix shading colour in relationship view for dark themes
> * Fix link colour for dark themes
> * Fix default foreground colour in list views for dark themes
> * Fix Undo; crashes due to race in Gtk
> * Gedcom import with OBJE/FORM URL on event
> * EOFError [Ran out of input] in Clipboard
> * Cannot drag & drop textual value via clipboard
> * Fix 'DbBsddbRead' object has no attribute '_Callback__callback_map'
> * Reports - Narrated Web Site Failure
> * Fix link path in gramps-launcher compile instructions
> * Update translations: fi, de

Re: Gramps 4.2.7 released

adrian.davey
Many thanks Nick!

Are we likely to get a Win 32 version of this [or anything since v4.2.5]
any time soon?

cheers, Adrian

On 2018-02-09 08:31, Nick Hall wrote:
> Version 4.2.7, a new maintenance release, has been released.

Re: Gramps 4.2.7 released

Simon C. Tremblay
Thanks to all the devs who have worked on Gramps in general and this release in particular.

Like Adrian, I was wondering if a AIO Win32 build of this release will be made available?  A Win32 version would run on Win64 OS, but not the opposite.

When going to the library, I'm running Gramps on a small netbook with limited ressources and upgrading to 64bits Windows is not an option.  (Yes I tried).

Thanks for reading,

Simon

On 09/02/18 13:58, Simon C. Tremblay wrote:
> Like Adrian, I was wondering if a AIO Win32 build of this release will
> be made available?  A Win32 version would run on Win64 OS, but not the
> opposite.

The Windows AIO packages are community maintained.

Josip will be building an AIO as soon as possible, but it may well be
Win64 only.

If the community wants a Win32 version then we need a volunteer to build it.

Re: Gramps 4.2.7 released

Simon C. Tremblay
Understood.

I would gladly give back to the community and do it myself, but I would not trust me with a dev suite and a compiler.  Never know what aberration would come out of it (think "The Fly" movie level)...

Simon