Gramps 5.0 - Ancestors Tree draw report: Include Siblings and ready to go in multiple directions

Gramps 5.0 - Ancestors Tree draw report: Include Siblings and ready to go in multiple directions

Aleš Lyčka
Hello Gramps team,

I have been using Gramps for a while and I really like it. However, I desperately search for the way I could depict Ancestors Tree report in the vertical direction. I was totally happy when I found the "What's new" section for Gramps 5.0 (https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_5.0_Wiki_Manual_-_What%27s_new%3F). It says, among others, this:

"Changes on Ancestors Tree draw report: Include Siblings and ready to go in multiple directions"

This is exactly what I have been looking for so I downloaded Gramps v5.0.0-alpha3 from GitHub and installed it. However, I do not see any new option in Ancestors tree report settings that would add the vertical direction or siblings. I have even checked if Edit -> Preferences > "Check for addon updates" for the case these new features comes in a separate add-on but did not find anything.

Do I overlook anything or is it my misunderstanding of the "What's new" section?

Thank you
Br.

Ales

Re: Gramps 5.0 - Ancestors Tree draw report: Include Siblings and ready to go in multiple directions

Aleš Lyčka
Hi Paul,

thank you for the confirmation. You are right, someone edited the "What's new" page a lot yesterday and removed also the information about the Ancestors tree report; it is visible in the History log of that wiki page.

Thank you
Br.

Ales

I just scanned the release notes and the wiki you referenced, and I cannot find anything about 'multiple directions'.  I think your email caused someone to update some old data...  Was probably a plan that did not get executed.  Sorry about that.

Paul C.