Gramps 5.0 maintenance branch created

Nick Hall
Devs,

I have just created the 5.0 maintenance branch.  See:

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/tree/maintenance/gramps50

May I remind you that the committing policies for branches have changes
slightly.  Please take time to read the following links:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Committing_policies#Branches

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Brief_introduction_to_Git#Types_of_branches

In summary:

* Only new features should be committed to the master branch

* Only bug fixes should be committed to the gramps50 branch

* The gramps50 will be regularly merged into the master branch

Please help test and fix the remaining issues on the roadmap. The more
people volunteer the quicker we can release the new version.

Thanks all your contributions.

Re: Gramps 5.0 maintenance branch created

Paul Franklin-5
On 5/23/17, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please help test and fix the remaining issues on the roadmap. The more
> people volunteer the quicker we can release the new version.

Of the issues on the "5.0.0-alpha2" roadmap, one has a pending
pull request waiting for somebody to test and commit it, another
is from a user who several developers think has a corrupted DB
and who has not responded for eleven months (so I think it could
be closed), and all the rest are DB-API ones which you said you
will take care of:

https://gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php?version_id=87

On 24/05/17 19:00, Paul Franklin wrote:
> Of the issues on the "5.0.0-alpha2" roadmap, one has a pending
> pull request waiting for somebody to test and commit it, another
> is from a user who several developers think has a corrupted DB
> and who has not responded for eleven months (so I think it could
> be closed), and all the rest are DB-API ones which you said you
> will take care of:
>
> https://gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php?version_id=87

Yes.

Bugs #9541, #9710, #9741 and #10038 are assigned to me.

Bug #2092 is assigned to Tim Lyons.

Bug #8429 is assigned to Paul Culley.

Of the remaining bugs, I think that #9540 has already been fixed.  We
can probably remove bugs #9506, #9516, #9539 and #9542 from the roadmap,
although I will post separately about this.

That leaves #9434, #9503 and #9510.  Any volunteers?

Hopefully we can clear the list and get alpha2 out by the end of May.

On 5/24/17, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That leaves #9434, #9503 and #9510.  Any volunteers?

I couldn't reproduce any of those three so marked all as "closed".

> Hopefully we can clear the list and get alpha2 out by the end of May.

Great idea!  Thanks!!

Re: Gramps 5.0 maintenance branch created

Paul Franklin-5
On 5/24/17, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hopefully we can clear the list and get alpha2 out by the end of May.

Any news?

Re: Gramps 5.0 maintenance branch created

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Nick Hall wrote
On 24/05/17 19:00, Paul Franklin wrote:
> Of the issues on the "5.0.0-alpha2" roadmap, one has a pending
> pull request waiting for somebody to test and commit it, another
> is from a user who several developers think has a corrupted DB
> and who has not responded for eleven months (so I think it could
> be closed), and all the rest are DB-API ones which you said you
> will take care of:
>
> https://gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php?version_id=87

Yes.

Bugs #9541, #9710, #9741 and #10038 are assigned to me.

Bug #2092 is assigned to Tim Lyons.

Bug #8429 is assigned to Paul Culley.

Of the remaining bugs, I think that #9540 has already been fixed.  We
can probably remove bugs #9506, #9516, #9539 and #9542 from the roadmap,
although I will post separately about this.

That leaves #9434, #9503 and #9510.  Any volunteers?

Hopefully we can clear the list and get alpha2 out by the end of May.
Sorry, but I am not going to complete bug #2092:
in the near future. (I had made some changes, which fixed some of the problems). It is still a bug, and I would like to fix it. Note that it also may need changes to some add-ons (unless they can all be fixed by common routines that are inherited by add-ons).

However, I don't think it is essential to 5.0.0, and I suggest it should be removed form the roadmap - it was just there as I had hoped to fix it before that release.

If anyone is desperate to fix it, they could  change the "Assigned To".

Tim.

On 31/05/17 23:15, Tim Lyons wrote:
> However, I don't think it is essential to 5.0.0, and I suggest it should be
> removed form the roadmap - it was just there as I had hoped to fix it before
> that release.

Thanks for the update.

I agree.  I'll remove it from the roadmap.