Gramps 5.1.1 Annoyance

davehamilton1948

I have just upgraded to Gramps 5.1.1 under Win10 and noticed a small annoyance.

When entering data into any field in any data entry window and have the need to tab to another open window (to make sure I have got a detail correct for instance) and tab back to Gramps the cursor is now positioned at the beginning of the field, not the end where it was when I left. If I start (continue) typing the data is inserted at the start of the field. Therefore I have to remember to hit the ‘End’ key so as to position the cursor correctly.

Minor but

Cheers

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 Annoyance

Nick Hall
On 17/09/2019 05:31, Sam Manzi wrote:
> Sounds similar to this issue:
> https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=11325 caused by the fix to
> another issue.

Yes.   This may be an unwanted side-effect of pull request #887:

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/887

This was a change made to all validated entry fields.

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 Annoyance

P. Ekholm-2
Den 2019-09-17 kl. 09:57, skrev Nick Hall:

> On 17/09/2019 05:31, Sam Manzi wrote:
>> Sounds similar to this issue:
>> https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=11325 caused by the fix
>> to another issue.
>>
> Yes.   This may be an unwanted side-effect of pull request #887:
>
> https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/887
>
> This was a change made to all validated entry fields.
>

> Nick.

But I already saw this on 5.0.2 (not 5.0.1) on my Ubuntu 18.04 box, and
now on 5.1.0 too, I haven't tried on 5.1.1 yet. A workaround for this,
for me, is not to type a space at the end of the line, then the cursor
is at the end when I move back to Gramps from another window. I haven't
created any bugreport about it just yet.

Regards pehlm