Gramps 5.1.1 released

Nick Hall
Version 5.1.1 - a new maintenance release, has been released.

Make sure to backup before you upgrade.

See:
https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_make_a_backup

Changes since v5.1.0:

* Update translations: cs, de, fi, fr, he, hr, pt_PT, ru, sv
* Disable development warning message
* Add options to sandclock in tree document generator
* Using regex in the sidebar gives different result from previous gramps
release
* Fix odt output when db owner has XML unfriendly chars
* Update README
   - Bump required Python version to 3.3
   - Add optional fontconfig package
* Fix CLI crash when generating reports
* Fix Statusbar HandleError on merge families
* Fix missing tooltip translations in the Note editor toolbar
* Fix bugs in withinarea filter rule
   - Avoid bad coordinates in the ref place
   - Avoid alphabetic characters in filter rules
   - Could not convert string to float by using withinarea filter rule
   - Difference between sidebar filter and filter rule
* Fix Graph outputs for multiple page PDF Postscript
* Fix to make Gtk 'action names' always valid
* Fix missing menus/buttons when operating in non-English languages
* Fix ursor position error in lat and long fields
* Avoid all characters looking like a dash in 'Clean input data' tool
* Mainz Style sheet weird looking
* Fix bugs in relationship view
   - Set symbols for the active person
   - Set good symbols for marriage, baptism, cremation and burial
   - Reduce the size of the sexuality symbol
* Fix exception when editing Note with italics/bold etc. in non English
* Restore keybindings for gramplet bars
* Fix bug in web connection menu launching incorrect web site
* Fix translation problem when creating event filter
* Error when checking option to add Quit to Taskbar
* Make the narratives notes placement an option

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 released

Pamies info

I need  if possible, the link  for dowload Gramps   .deb  file (Ubuntu), for NOT advanced users

in the web....

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/v5.1.1

but I need,  .deb file

Thanks

Ramon

El 15/9/19 a les 9:10, Reinhard John ha escrit:
[...]

How do I?

How do I?
  1. How do I sort on more than one column?
  2. Search on a surname so than persons with the same name as part of their given names don't show up?

Has a multiple merging of families ever been considered? Say for instances with check boxes. I'm converting a HUGE list to a structured family tree and merging one by one is a hold up.

Has merging of children on a family view been considered?

Regards.

Louis.

llsjk.vcf (265 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: How do I?

Ron Johnson
On 9/16/19 4:46 AM, LLSJ Krüger PrEng via Gramps-users wrote:
Hi,

How do I?
  1. How do I sort on more than one column?
  2. Search on a surname so than persons with the same name as part of their given names don't show up?

Has a multiple merging of families ever been considered? Say for instances with check boxes. I'm converting a HUGE list to a structured family tree and merging one by one is a hold up.

Has merging of children on a family view been considered?

The programming involved is complicated, and could not be limited to just families.  Also, where to stop?  Then someone will ask to merge four people, five, etc.

Re: How do I?

Hi Louis

1. Can not do a secondary sort.

2. The filter you want would be to create a Person Filter

In any of the People views go to Menu >> Edit >> Person Filter Editor.
Create a rule General filters >> People with the <name>

You can put the name in the "Full Family name" which would search the
full combined surname or further down the options is the "Single
surname" which is just the surname field.

To run any filter you create (each area has this filter option) is in
the Sidebar filter you select the filter and "Find". A custom filter
can be combined with any additional sidebar filter option.

Regarding merging multiple items/people, I created a Merge tag that I
colored bright pink. I tag the items to merge then run a filter on the
tag. This helps to ensure I am merging the correct John Smith's. Just
make sure to clear the tag on the final record you are keeping.

HTH Dave

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 5:47 AM LLSJ Krüger PrEng via Gramps-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I?
>
> How do I sort on more than one column?
> Search on a surname so than persons with the same name as part of their given names don't show up?
>
> Has a multiple merging of families ever been considered? Say for instances with check boxes. I'm converting a HUGE list to a structured family tree and merging one by one is a hold up.
>
> Has merging of children on a family view been considered?
>
> Regards.
>
> Louis.

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 released

Reinhard John
Paul, thank you so much for providing the Windows Installers!

Sam, thank you for the information!

Kind regards,
Reinhard
Am 16.09.19, 03:16, Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> schrieb:
Hi,

FYI the 32-bit Windows Installer for Gramps 5.1.1 is now available for download; thanks to Paul Culley for creating the installer(s)  for Microsoft Windows for both the 32bit & 64 bit versions for the community.

Direct links:

32-bit Windows Installer for Gramps 5.1.1

64-bit Windows Installer for Gramps 5.1.1

And thank you to John Ralls for the Gramps MacOS version installer.

Other versions ( .deb file etc..) will become available as volunteers have time to create them.

Kind regards
Sam

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 at 09:15, Pamies info <[hidden email]> wrote:

I need  if possible, the link  for dowload Gramps   .deb  file (Ubuntu), for NOT advanced users

in the web....

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/v5.1.1

but I need,  .deb file

Thanks

Ramon

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 released

Hi Sam, all,

I noticed that for my place, downloading from GitHub is extremely slow, and often fails, even though I am on cable, with multi MB speed. Do you have any idea how this can happen? I found that SF downloads are way smaller, and it somehow looks like GitHub uses some Amazon web server at the other end of the world.

Would be nice if we can host these files somewhere else too.

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10

Re: How do I?

Hi Dave,

Thanks.

The sort on more than one column would be such a great help.

Louis

On 16/09/2019 14:45, Dave Scheipers wrote:
[...]

[hidden email] wrote:
Hi,

How do I?

How do I sort on more than one column?
Search on a surname so than persons with the same name as part of their given names don't show up?

Has a multiple merging of families ever been considered? Say for instances with check boxes. I'm converting a HUGE list to a structured family tree and merging one by one is a hold up.

Has merging of children on a family view been considered?

Regards.

Louis.

llsjk.vcf (265 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 released

Ross Gammon
You should find the .deb file on the website now.

Ross

On 9/16/19 1:20 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Wait a day or so.  It should show up.
>
> On 9/15/19 6:13 PM, Pamies info wrote:
>>
>> I need  if possible, the link  for dowload Gramps   .deb  file
>> (Ubuntu), for NOT advanced users
>>
>> in the web....
>>
>> https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/v5.1.1
>>
>> but I need,  .deb file
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ramon
>>

>> El 15/9/19 a les 9:10, Reinhard John ha escrit:
>>> For 32-bit the Windows Installer is only in version 5.0.1 available :-(
>>> Am 15.09.19, 01:09, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>>>
>>>     Version 5.1.1 - a new maintenance release, has been released.
>>>
>>>     Make sure to backup before you upgrade.
>>>
>>>     See:
>>>     https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_make_a_backup
>>>
>>>     Changes since v5.1.0:
>>>
>>>     * Update translations: cs, de, fi, fr, he, hr, pt_PT, ru, sv
>>>     * Disable development warning message
>>>     * Add options to sandclock in tree document generator
>>>     * Using regex in the sidebar gives different result from previous
>>>     gramps
>>>     release
>>>     * Fix odt output when db owner has XML unfriendly chars
>>>     * Update README
>>>       - Bump required Python version to 3.3
>>>       - Add optional fontconfig package
>>>     * Fix CLI crash when generating reports
>>>     * Fix Statusbar HandleError on merge families
>>>     * Fix missing tooltip translations in the Note editor toolbar
>>>     * Fix bugs in withinarea filter rule
>>>       - Avoid bad coordinates in the ref place
>>>       - Avoid alphabetic characters in filter rules
>>>       - Could not convert string to float by using withinarea filter rule
>>>       - Difference between sidebar filter and filter rule
>>>     * Fix Graph outputs for multiple page PDF Postscript
>>>     * Fix to make Gtk 'action names' always valid
>>>     * Fix missing menus/buttons when operating in non-English languages
>>>     * Fix ursor position error in lat and long fields
>>>     * Avoid all characters looking like a dash in 'Clean input data' tool
>>>     * Mainz Style sheet weird looking
>>>     * Fix bugs in relationship view
>>>       - Set symbols for the active person
>>>       - Set good symbols for marriage, baptism, cremation and burial
>>>       - Reduce the size of the sexuality symbol
>>>     * Fix exception when editing Note with italics/bold etc. in non
>>>     English
>>>     * Restore keybindings for gramplet bars
>>>     * Fix bug in web connection menu launching incorrect web site
>>>     * Fix translation problem when creating event filter
>>>     * Error when checking option to add Quit to Taskbar
>>>     * Make the narratives notes placement an option
>>>

> --
> Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 released

Peter Merchant
Thanks, I have been waiting for this. Thank you and all the developers for your work.

Peter M.

On 17/09/2019 18:17, Ross Gammon wrote:
> You should find the .deb file on the website now.

Re: Gramps 5.1.1 released

P. Ekholm-2
Den 2019-09-17 kl. 19:17, skrev Ross Gammon:
[...]

Thank you, Ross, and all!

P. Ekholm