Gramps 5 status

Paul Womack-2
I know that this version is "out there".

Is it at a point where I could/should use it for my main research DB?

It has some features I would like to exploit, but if it cause creeping damage to my DB, it wouldn't be worth it.

(I do an XML backup at least daily, so "sudden" faults aren't a problem)

  BugBear

Re: Gramps 5 status

Dave Scheipers
Using 5.0.1 on Win10.

NO problems.

Dave

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:58 AM Paul Womack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know that this version is "out there".
>
> Is it at a point where I could/should use it for my main research DB?
>
> It has some features I would like to exploit, but if it cause creeping damage to my DB, it wouldn't be worth it.
>
> (I do an XML backup at least daily, so "sudden" faults aren't a problem)
>
>   BugBear

Re: Gramps 5 status

On 03/04/2019 13:57, Paul Womack wrote:
> I know that this version is "out there".
>
> Is it at a point where I could/should use it for my main research DB?
>
> It has some features I would like to exploit, but if it cause creeping
> damage to my DB, it wouldn't be worth it.

If you want to be cautious, you could continue to use the BSDDB
backend.  Apart from making it a plugin very few changes were made.

Although the SqLite backend is new code, we have had no reports of
significant bugs.

Re: Gramps 5 status

Peter Merchant
I am using it with no problems, and had no problem converting it either.

Peter M (kubuntu 64 bit)
On 03/04/2019 13:57, Paul Womack wrote:
> I know that this version is "out there".
>
> Is it at a point where I could/should use it for my main research DB?
>
> It has some features I would like to exploit, but if it cause creeping damage to my DB, it wouldn't be worth it.
>
> (I do an XML backup at least daily, so "sudden" faults aren't a problem)
>
>   BugBear

Re: Gramps 5 status

Doug-11
ditto

Doug

On 03/04/2019 15:39, Peter Merchant wrote:

> I am using it with no problems, and had no problem converting it either.
>
> Peter M (kubuntu 64 bit)
> On 03/04/2019 13:57, Paul Womack wrote:
>> I know that this version is "out there".
>>
>> Is it at a point where I could/should use it for my main research DB?
>>
>> It has some features I would like to exploit, but if it cause creeping damage to my DB, it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>> (I do an XML backup at least daily, so "sudden" faults aren't a problem)
>>
>>   BugBear

Re: Gramps 5 status

Gary Bussiere
I also didn't have any proplems and I'm using the SQLite Database
backend. The Default is BSDDB if you want to stay with that though.

No problems with backups or importing them back into Gramps 5.0.1

Gary