Gramps - Add on Graphical Report - Descendants Lines -Error writing to Output Stream

Gramps - Add on Graphical Report - Descendants Lines -Error writing to Output Stream

Chris Ansted

Hi. I'm a relatively new Gramps user. I'm running GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows 10.

I've downloaded the 3rd party add-on graphical report Descendants Lines. But when I try to run the report I get the error message "Report could not be created. Error while writing to output stream".

Can anyone tell me where I look to try to see what the problem is?

Thanks
Chris Ansted

Re: Gramps - Add on Graphical Report - Descendants Lines -Error writing to Output Stream

Hello Chris,

Hi. I'm a relatively new Gramps user. I'm running GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows 10.

I've downloaded the 3rd party add-on graphical report Descendants Lines. But when I try to run the report I get the error message "Report could not be created. Error while writing to output stream".

Can anyone tell me where I look to try to see what the problem is?

The most likely as I see it is that you are trying to create the report in a protected or a system folder. Gramps does not select your My Documents folder when you save things, so you must take care when using the file selector yourself.