Gramps and Opensuse 10. beta 4

Gunnar Haaland-2
I get a seg fault it I try to run Gramps 2.0 and higher with my
Opensuse. I am using the rpms for Suse 9.3

Gunnar

Re: Gramps and Opensuse 10. beta 4

Richard Bos
Op maandag 5 september 2005 22:19, schreef Gunnar Håland:
> I get a seg fault it I try to run Gramps 2.0 and higher with my
> Opensuse. I am using the rpms for Suse 9.3

opensuse uses gcc-4.x while suse-9.3 uses gcc-3.x, that may be the reason for
the segfault??

Try to recompile gramps, and see if you get the same behaviour...

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless

Re: Gramps and Opensuse 10. beta 4

Don Allingham
Actually, GRAMPS has no compiled code. It is written entirely in python,
calling libraries in other packages.

My guess is that there may be a problem with either the gnome-python
libraries or pygtk libraries, probably due to the gcc4/gcc3 issue.

Don

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 22:30 +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op maandag 5 september 2005 22:19, schreef Gunnar Håland:
> > I get a seg fault it I try to run Gramps 2.0 and higher with my
> > Opensuse. I am using the rpms for Suse 9.3
>
> opensuse uses gcc-4.x while suse-9.3 uses gcc-3.x, that may be the reason for
> the segfault??
>
> Try to recompile gramps, and see if you get the same behaviour...

--
Don Allingham <[hidden email]>