Gramps beta1 Narrative web

brian fitzgerald
I have been experimenting with the narweb on the beta1 but have not yet figured out how to use the Advanced option, namely the CMSURI text and the USECMS checkbox. There is as yet no documentation on the wiki to explain.

 I had assumed that this merely prepended the eventual (hosted?)  website url text, for instance: "www.mysite.org/" to the  output instead of the text located in "target" . That way you could generate web pages which linked properly on the hosted web platform (probably under /www) and the links there would resolve OK  i.e the "target"/mypage.html , would be published as "WEBURI/mypage.html.etc. The idea being that the static web output would be FTP ready.
It worded that way in 4.2.8 anyway.

Can someone please explain the new notion of "CMS field" and "use CMS field" checkbox. I am generating errors but cannot determine whether it is my lack of understanding of the use case or the remapping is done wrong (ie a bug). Might be an idea to put something in the wiki too.

regards Brian

Re: Gramps beta1 Narrative web

Serge Noiraud-2
Le 24/03/2018 à 18:58, brian fitzgerald a écrit :
I have been experimenting with the narweb on the beta1 but have not yet figured out how to use the Advanced option, namely the CMSURI text and the USECMS checkbox. There is as yet no documentation on the wiki to explain.

Do you want to include your web site into a CMS (joomla, wordpress, ...)?
If no, keep the field checkbox unselected.

If yes, where do you want to put the site web inside this cms ?
If you want to put the gramps narrative web in http://mysite.org/mycms/gramps/, then you must set the URI in gramps to /mycms/gramps/

I'll update the documentation for this.
You have another info here :
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Howto:_Make_a_genealogy_website_with_Gramps#Integration_of_NarrativeWeb_in_a_CMS_or_MVS

 I had assumed that this merely prepended the eventual (hosted?)  website url text, for instance: "www.mysite.org/" to the  output instead of the text located in "target" . That way you could generate web pages which linked properly on the hosted web platform (probably under /www) and the links there would resolve OK  i.e the "target"/mypage.html , would be published as "WEBURI/mypage.html.etc. The idea being that the static web output would be FTP ready.
It worded that way in 4.2.8 anyway.

Can someone please explain the new notion of "CMS field" and "use CMS field" checkbox. I am generating errors but cannot determine whether it is my lack of understanding of the use case or the remapping is done wrong (ie a bug). Might be an idea to put something in the wiki too.

regards Brian
Serge