Gramps database environment error

Nicholas Robinson
Hi

I haven’t used my gramps database for about four weeks on my Mac.  When I tried today it said that it couldn’t open the database and this most likely due to an update in my Berkeley database.  I have only applied a general, incremental macOS update and don’t know if this included the Berkeley bits and pieces.

Gramps suggests I roll back, export as xml, etc. Intuitively, though, it would seem likely that I can upgrade the database using utilities and then run gramps satisfactorily. Does anybody know of this? I can’t find anything specific to gramps that is recent.

Thanks

Nick

Sent from my iPad

Re: Gramps database environment error

Nicholas Robinson

Reading all the older posts didn’t fill me with hope. As I had done a back-up the day before I last used Gramps, I’ve restored that and got going again. Luckily x 2, I’d only updated on person’s details in my last session.

> On 11 Apr 2018, at 18:55, Nicholas Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I haven’t used my gramps database for about four weeks on my Mac.  When I tried today it said that it couldn’t open the database and this most likely due to an update in my Berkeley database.  I have only applied a general, incremental macOS update and don’t know if this included the Berkeley bits and pieces.
>
> Gramps suggests I roll back, export as xml, etc. Intuitively, though, it would seem likely that I can upgrade the database using utilities and then run gramps satisfactorily. Does anybody know of this? I can’t find anything specific to gramps that is recent.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick
>
> Sent from my iPad

Re: Gramps database environment error

+1

Unexpected stuff like this is why regular backups are soooo important.  And
why v5.0 with SQLite will be so helpful!!