[Gramps-devel] 2.0.9 release candidate available.

[Gramps-devel] 2.0.9 release candidate available.

Don Allingham
I have uploaded the gramps-2.0.9rc1.tar.gz file to sourceforge. This is
the release candidate for 2.0.9. Functionality and translatable strings
should be considered frozen.

This release features some significant changes to the reports, which
caused a fair number of changes to the translatable strings. For this
reason, we plan to allow two weeks before the actual release to give
translators as much time as possible.

We would also ask users to try this release candidate to help us track
down any bugs before the actual release. Please, do not expect
translations to be complete, but warn us if you see any major
translation errors.

Since this is not a full release, do not be surprised if packages are
not released for your system. Not being an official release, packagers
may not create packages, and if they do, they will probably not be
loaded into the normal repositories.

--
Don Allingham
http://gramps-project.org

Re: [Gramps-devel] 2.0.9 release candidate available.

Jay Treacy
I have created a debian package of 2.0.9rc1. It can be found at:
http://people.debian.org/~treacy/gramps/gramps_2.0.9-0.1-2.0.9rc1_all.deb

Please report any gramps bugs in this package directly upstream.
Any packaging problems should be sent to me - not through the Debian
bug system.

Enjoy.

--
James Treacy

Re: [Gramps-devel] 2.0.9 release candidate available.

Alex Roitman
Hi,

All the files released for 2.0.9-RC1 release candidate
are also available from our web site:
   http://www.gramps-project.org/files/2.0.9/

Please download and test the release candidate when you
get a chance.

Alex

Re: [Gramps-users] Re: [Gramps-devel] 2.0.9 release candidate available.

Doug Laidlaw
I noticed that it included a Mandriva RPM, which installed O.K.

However, on importing my Gedcom, I got an error message which I am posting as
a bug as requested.  The last line reads:

"UnboundLocalError: local variable 'note' referenced before assignment".

Using Mandriva 2006.

Doug.

--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded.

Re: [Gramps-users] Re: [Gramps-devel] 2.0.9 release candidate available.

Don Allingham
This should be fixed with the 2.0.9-rc2 release that was made last
night. Packages for Mandriva are still being built.

Don

--
Don Allingham <[hidden email]>