[Gramps-devel] Linux Genealogy Live CD 1.0 released

[Gramps-devel] Linux Genealogy Live CD 1.0 released

Alex Roitman
The GRAMPS project is proud to announce the first release of
the Linux Genealogy Live CD. This disc contains bootable
Live Linux environment and added Linux Genealogical software.
In particular, it makes a perfect gift for genealogists stuck
with other OS-s! With this disc, you can boot and run Linux
genealogical (and other) software without touching anything
on the hard drive.

This Live CD is based on Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) Live CD
and, in addition to the regular Breezy, features pre-installed
GRAMPS, GeneWeb, and LifeLines applications, as well as GraphViz
program to draw pretty graphs in GRAMPS.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide CD images for download
from our website due to the bandwidth limitations. BitTorrent
downloads of the CD images can be used, see details at:
   http://gramps-project.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=19&MMN_position=33:9
Please remember that torrent downloads are provided by a few
kind souls and the actual download availability and speed
at any given moment depends entirely on them.

An alternative to the torrent download is purchasing the
physical CDs. The CDs are currently available for purchase:
   Australia:   http://www.cdfhs-aus.com/catalog/index.php
   USA:         http://store.roitman.org

If anybody is interested in either hosting a download for
the CD image or selling the discs, please contact us at
gramps-devel list.