Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

Phylis Sophical
In Gramps 'user' forum, I can't seem to view the most recent posts. The most
recent one that shows is dated Aug 26 by Lasse. Yet, I get updates in my
email with today's date of Oct 1. The addy shows as
http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/
Any ideas why this is?

-----
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

Nick Hall
On 01/10/17 16:26, Phylis Sophical wrote:
> In Gramps 'user' forum, I can't seem to view the most recent posts. The most
> recent one that shows is dated Aug 26 by Lasse. Yet, I get updates in my
> email with today's date of Oct 1. The addy shows as
> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/
> Any ideas why this is?

SourceForge recently upgraded the mailing lists and required all members
to confirm their subscriptions.  Anyone who didn't was automatically
unsubscribed.  It looks like the nabble feed was unsubscribed on 8th Aug.

Tim Lyons has sent a new subscription email for nabble, but for some
reason it didn't work.  I'm not sure of the current situation.

Re: Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

Tim Lyons
Administrator
I tried to subscribe by getting nabble to send a subscription email, but that didn’t work. I have now tried inputting the subscription request on the sourceforge site, but that hasn’t worked yet either. Maybe I need to create a login on sourceforge for Nabble, and then try subscribing. I am going to try that next.

Tim.

> On 1 Oct 2017, at 17:05, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 01/10/17 16:26, Phylis Sophical wrote:
>> In Gramps 'user' forum, I can't seem to view the most recent posts. The most
>> recent one that shows is dated Aug 26 by Lasse. Yet, I get updates in my
>> email with today's date of Oct 1. The addy shows as
>> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/
>> Any ideas why this is?
>
> SourceForge recently upgraded the mailing lists and required all members to confirm their subscriptions.  Anyone who didn't was automatically unsubscribed.  It looks like the nabble feed was unsubscribed on 8th Aug.
>
> Tim Lyons has sent a new subscription email for nabble, but for some reason it didn't work.  I'm not sure of the current situation.
>
> Nick.

Re: Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

What do the Nabble admins say?

On 10/01/2017 12:07 PM, Tim Lyons wrote:

> I tried to subscribe by getting nabble to send a subscription email, but that didn’t work. I have now tried inputting the subscription request on the sourceforge site, but that hasn’t worked yet either. Maybe I need to create a login on sourceforge for Nabble, and then try subscribing. I am going to try that next.
>
> Tim.
>

>> On 1 Oct 2017, at 17:05, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 01/10/17 16:26, Phylis Sophical wrote:
>>> In Gramps 'user' forum, I can't seem to view the most recent posts. The most
>>> recent one that shows is dated Aug 26 by Lasse. Yet, I get updates in my
>>> email with today's date of Oct 1. The addy shows as
>>> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/
>>> Any ideas why this is?
>> SourceForge recently upgraded the mailing lists and required all members to confirm their subscriptions.  Anyone who didn't was automatically unsubscribed.  It looks like the nabble feed was unsubscribed on 8th Aug.
>>
>> Tim Lyons has sent a new subscription email for nabble, but for some reason it didn't work.  I'm not sure of the current situation.

Re: Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

Phylis Sophical
Well that is really strange. Even though I didn't change anything, I now see
the last posts sent on Oct 1. Hmm

-----
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Gramps forum. Cannot view most recent posts

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Ron Johnson wrote
> What do the Nabble admins say?

Very little:

I am not sure what it was that I did to gramps-user to make it work, so
don't know whether I have done anything useful for gramps-dev.

I still don't receive the confirmation emails, and as sourceforge seems to
generate random passwords for each list membership (separate from the
password I input for membership of sourceforge itself) and those passwords
are only available in a password reminder email which I don't get either, I
can't control the sourceforge subscription either.

Tim.