Gramps forums

Alex Roitman
In an attempt to provide communication area for the GRAMPS
community, the new site hosting the forum boards for the
GRAMPS project has been created:
   http://forum.gramps-project.org

If you'd like, please feel free to register an account and
post to the forums.

Please email me if there're problems with the site or if
you wish to suggest a forum.

Alex

Re: Gramps forums

John Stoffel

Alex> In an attempt to provide communication area for the GRAMPS
Alex> community, the new site hosting the forum boards for the
Alex> GRAMPS project has been created:
Alex>    http://forum.gramps-project.org

Does this mean that these mailing lists are now being abandoned?  I'd
really prefer that to not happen, since I find most web based forums
to be slow, and frustrating to use.  If they are gatewayed to an email
interface, then I'd be sorta ok with them.

Thanks,
John

Re: Gramps forums

Alex Roitman
John,

On 06/06/2005 01:47:26 PM, John Stoffel wrote:

> Alex> In an attempt to provide communication area for the GRAMPS
> Alex> community, the new site hosting the forum boards for the
> Alex> GRAMPS project has been created:
> Alex>    http://forum.gramps-project.org
>
> Does this mean that these mailing lists are now being abandoned?

Not at all.

> I'd really prefer that to not happen, since I find most web based forums
> to be slow, and frustrating to use.

No problem -- you don't have to use them. The gramps-devel list is
still active for developers, the gramps-users is for general discussions,
and gramps-bugs is for bugs.

> If they are gatewayed to an email interface, then I'd be sorta ok with them.

They are not, but it's OK. Just like the IRC channel did not obsolete
gramps-devel, these will not compete with the mailing lists. They are for
the general community to discuss whatever is relevant. If these forums will
be unused, we will simply remove them.

Alex

Re: Gramps forums

John Stoffel

>> Does this mean that these mailing lists are now being abandoned?

Alex> Not at all.

Good, that's what I wanted to hear.  Thanks!

John