Gramps from the command line "change config parameter"

Gramps from the command line "change config parameter"

brian fitzgerald
I am working with a vertically large database and wish to (programatically) change, from the command line, an arbitrary configuration value from 25 to 32, like so;

gramps -O "Family Tree 2" --quiet -c behavior.generation-depth:32

and then run a report from the command line utilizing the new parameter. My goal would be to return the parameter to its original value thereafter, and continue with other programmed functions.

It does change the parameter but it also starts up an interactive session of Gramps after the change is made to the new value. Of course all future command line report options, other options fail because the database is now open.

How can I avoid this interactive session being started up by my parameter change.

Thanks for your collective wisdom!

Brian

Re: Gramps from the command line "change config parameter"

Paul Franklin-5
On 6/16/17, brian fitzgerald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am working with a vertically large database and wish to (programatically)
> change, from the command line, an arbitrary configuration value from 25 to
> 32, like so;
>
> gramps -O "Family Tree 2" --quiet -c behavior.generation-depth:32
>
> and then run a report from the command line utilizing the new parameter. My
> goal would be to return the parameter to its original value thereafter, and
> continue with other programmed functions.
>
> It does change the parameter but it also starts up an interactive session
> of Gramps after the change is made to the new value. Of course all future
> command line report options, other options fail because the database is now
> open.
>
> How can I avoid this interactive session being started up by my parameter
> change.
>
> Thanks for your collective wisdom!
>
> Brian

I believe the way it is supposed to work is that you have
to put all operations on the same command line, the "-c"
along with whatever else you want to do.  You might have to
negate it similarly but on a second command line, perhaps
by writing a report to /dev/null or something equivalent, an
operation which won't matter to you.