Gramps recording format processes

Rich Lakey
Since I finished my accumulated census records and have started on Find A Grave, I have had a bit of a problem seeing how everything links together. And much is personal preference. I decided to create a document showing how I plan to handle each record type. After all, tomorrow I will not remember what I did today.
Even with it documented, I was having some trouble getting my arms around it. I tried playing with Libre Office draw and found it easy to create a diagram. Just though I might share as I think it is a good idea.
I'm going to try and attach of a pdf, but if it doesn't work here's a bit of a description.
The single source for Find A Grave references the citation (one per grave). The source has the URL of Find A Grave home and the Citation has the URL of the individual page. The citation references the Burial Event and the note (custom Burial) that contains the text copied from Find A Grave. The Citation also references other events should the data warrant. The Person / Notes also has the Find A Grave note as I like all my notes together. Easier than all the clicks to checkout each event for notes.
I have accumulated a lot of data over the last 7 years plus what was already in my file. Little of it is documented. I'm not even sure how many Find A Grave records I have because of my entry style, but I would guess over a thousand. Find_A_Grave_diagram.pdf

Re: Gramps recording format processes

Ron Johnson
On 02/20/2017 09:34 AM, Rich Lakey wrote:

> Since I finished my accumulated census records and have started on Find A
> Grave, I have had a bit of a problem seeing how everything links together.
> And much is personal preference. I decided to create a document showing how
> I plan to handle each record type. After all, tomorrow I will not remember
> what I did today.
> Even with it documented, I was having some trouble getting my arms around
> it. I tried playing with Libre Office draw and found it easy to create a
> diagram. Just though I might share as I think it is a good idea.
> I'm going to try and attach of a pdf, but if it doesn't work here's a bit of
> a description.
> The single source for Find A Grave references the citation (one per grave).
> The source has the URL of Find A Grave home and the Citation has the URL of
> the individual page. The citation references the Burial Event and the note
> (custom Burial) that contains the text copied from Find A Grave. The
> Citation also references other events should the data warrant.

Something's really wrong if a Find A Grave citation doesn't point to a Death
event...  :)

>   The Person /
> Notes also has the Find A Grave note as I like all my notes together. Easier
> than all the clicks to checkout each event for notes.
> I have accumulated a lot of data over the last 7 years plus what was already
> in my file. Little of it is documented. I'm not even sure how many Find A
> Grave records I have because of my entry style, but I would guess over a
> thousand.  Find_A_Grave_diagram.pdf
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4679049/Find_A_Grave_diagram.pdf>

Looks good to me.