Gramps reviewed in Linux Magazine

Doug Laidlaw
This may be stale news.  Linux Magazine (U.K.) for October 2005 has a review
of Gramps 1.0.11 following a "test-drive" by a "genealogy expert", who
considers that it holds its own against FTM, etc, but believes that a few
changes could make it more user-friendly.

Doug.
--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
It's all right letting yourself go as long as you can let yourself back.

Re: Gramps reviewed in Linux Magazine

Alex Roitman
Doug,

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 17:43 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> This may be stale news.  Linux Magazine (U.K.) for October 2005 has a review
> of Gramps 1.0.11 following a "test-drive" by a "genealogy expert", who
> considers that it holds its own against FTM, etc, but believes that a few
> changes could make it more user-friendly.

Thanks for pointing this out. We have a page listing reviews
of gramps:
   http://gramps-project.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=12&MMN_position=25:2

If you see something that is a review and not listed there,
please let us know and we will add it to that page.

Alex

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:04 am, Alex Roitman wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 17:43 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > This may be stale news.  Linux Magazine (U.K.) for October 2005 has a
> > review of Gramps 1.0.11 following a "test-drive" by a "genealogy expert",
> > who considers that it holds its own against FTM, etc, but believes that a
> > few changes could make it more user-friendly.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. We have a page listing reviews
> of gramps:
>
> http://gramps-project.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_pag
>e&PAGE_id=12&MMN_position=25:2
>
> If you see something that is a review and not listed there,
> please let us know and we will add it to that page.
>
> Alex

The issue is summarised at http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/59

The theme of the issue was web design, and there are good articles on HTML
Editors, CSS and an editor to allow non-technical users to edit your Web
pages.  Unfortunately the GRAMPS article is not downloadable.

I think that if the hyphen is omitted from the URL, it takes you to the
opposition.

Doug.
--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
Expect people to be better than they are; it helps them to become better. But