[Gramps-users] 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

[Gramps-users] 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Don Allingham-2
Now that 2.0.6 is out, I would ask that people attempt to use the
Narrative Web Page generator. 2.0.6 is the first release to include
this, and we want to shake out the bugs. Once we feel confident about
this, we will release 2.0.7 with all the fixes.

We do know that there is a link path problem on the surname list page.
This is being addressed now. Let us know of any other problems you may have.

2.0.7 will also include support for spell checking (supporting multiple
languages).

Don

Re: 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Alexandre Prokoudine
On 8/16/05, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2.0.7 will also include support for spell checking (supporting multiple
> languages).

Based on enchant?

Alexandre

Re: 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Alex Roitman
On 08/16/2005 10:13:32 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 8/16/05, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > 2.0.7 will also include support for spell checking (supporting multiple
> > languages).
>
> Based on enchant?

Based on gtkspell, which in turn is using aspell.

Alex

Re: 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Don Allingham
Right now it is using gtkspell, which is currently using aspell/pspell,
but is adding support for enchant in the near future
(http://gtkspell.sourceforge.net).

This is a new feature being added to python-gnome-extras. So, installing
  this package will enable the feature in 2.0.7.

This will be available tomorrow in the gramps20 CVS branch.

Don

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> On 8/16/05, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>2.0.7 will also include support for spell checking (supporting multiple
>>languages).
>

> Based on enchant?
>
> Alexandre

Re: [Gramps-users] 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Eero Tamminen

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 18:02, Don Allingham wrote:
> Now that 2.0.6 is out, I would ask that people attempt to use the
> Narrative Web Page generator. 2.0.6 is the first release to include
> this, and we want to shake out the bugs. Once we feel confident about
> this, we will release 2.0.7 with all the fixes.
>
> We do know that there is a link path problem on the surname list page.
> This is being addressed now. Let us know of any other problems you may
> have.

On my earlier mail I had listed a few (which Alex has answered):
- Sources references list contains only one of the persons being
  referenced in the database
- If person has no lastname, patronymic is not shown in the surname list
- Report doesn't apply the selected filter

        - Eero

> 2.0.7 will also include support for spell checking (supporting multiple
> languages).

Re: [Gramps-users] 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Don Allingham
I will be looking into these as well. If you would, could you enter them
in the bug tracker so I can make sure they don't get overlooked?

Thanks.

Don

Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 18:02, Don Allingham wrote:
>
>>Now that 2.0.6 is out, I would ask that people attempt to use the
>>Narrative Web Page generator. 2.0.6 is the first release to include
>>this, and we want to shake out the bugs. Once we feel confident about
>>this, we will release 2.0.7 with all the fixes.
>>
>>We do know that there is a link path problem on the surname list page.
>>This is being addressed now. Let us know of any other problems you may
>>have.
>

> On my earlier mail I had listed a few (which Alex has answered):
> - Sources references list contains only one of the persons being
>   referenced in the database
> - If person has no lastname, patronymic is not shown in the surname list
> - Report doesn't apply the selected filter
>
> - Eero
>

>>2.0.7 will also include support for spell checking (supporting multiple
>>languages).

Re: 2.0.6 and the plans for 2.0.7

Julio Sánchez-2
2005/8/16, Don Allingham <[hidden email]>:
> Now that 2.0.6 is out, I would ask that people attempt to use the
> Narrative Web Page generator. 2.0.6 is the first release to include
> this, and we want to shake out the bugs. Once we feel confident about
> this, we will release 2.0.7 with all the fixes.

The alive filter does not work for people recently born.  The check is
for someone alive some N years ago.  Unfortunately, people born after
that are marked as not alive at that date and, thus, get leaked.

Any fix I can think of is rather intrusive.

Julio