Gramps-users] Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Sam and Phil

Thanks for the help.
Are there no forms as suggested for parish register entries I.e births
, marriages and death entries..... not a full certificate?
I cannot find the file.xlm on Windies 10 to see the entries even though I have show hidden files ticked.

Appreciate your. Help.

Tom

Re: Gramps-users] Forms help

Brad Rogers
On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:29:20 +0000
Tom Beckham via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>Are there no forms as suggested for parish register entries I.e births

No.  You can, however, create your own custom.xml file which includes
the forms you wish.  Also, there are several available for the Gramps
web site.

>I cannot find the file.xlm on Windies 10 to see the entries even though
>I have show hidden files ticked.

Search the list archives, as I'm sure that the location has been
mentioned here before.  The Gramps Wiki will probably mention it, too.

--
 Regards  _
Walking through town is quite scary

Re: Gramps-users] Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hello Sam

Thanks for the advice.  I had managed to access the folder and it's contents already.  I now have the data required to understand the contents of the Form file.

Thanks to everyone for the help

Tom

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018, 10:23 pm Sam Manzi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Microsoft Windows, filenames and folder for programs and userdata do not show up in the File Explorer. To make access to the Gramps user directory easy follow the following advice from Microsoft:

*  Show hidden files - Windows Help  ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files )

From wiki:

On 26 March 2018 at 19:03, Brad Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:29:20 +0000
Tom Beckham via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>Are there no forms as suggested for parish register entries I.e births

No.  You can, however, create your own custom.xml file which includes
the forms you wish.  Also, there are several available for the Gramps
web site.

>I cannot find the file.xlm on Windies 10 to see the entries even though
>I have show hidden files ticked.

Search the list archives, as I'm sure that the location has been
mentioned here before.  The Gramps Wiki will probably mention it, too.

--
 Regards  _
         / )           "The blindingly obvious is
        / _)rad        never immediately apparent"