Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Stéphane Charette-2
Version 3.3.1 -- "The Tenth Anniversary Edition" bug fix release.

Source tarball has been uploaded to SourceForge:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/3.3.1/

I'll upload the Ubuntu .deb file shortly.  To those who normally build the RedHat .rpm, Windows .exe, etc..., please e-mail me the location of the packages and I'll make sure the files are uploaded to SourceForge ASAP.

Happy genealogy!

Stéphane Charette

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Josip
On 02.10.2011 06:58, Stéphane Charette wrote:

> I'll upload the Ubuntu .deb file shortly.  To those who normally build
> the RedHat .rpm, Windows .exe, etc..., please e-mail me the location of
> the packages and I'll make sure the files are uploaded to SourceForge ASAP.

Hi Stéphane,
Happy Gramps Anniversary!

You can find Windows AIO version at:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1813485503/GrampsAIO-3.3.1-1.exe

--
Josip

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Stéphane Charette-2

You can find Windows AIO version at:
.../GrampsAIO-3.3.1-1.exe

Thanks, Josip.  I've uploaded to SF the All-In-One Windows .exe package for Gramps 3.3.1:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/3.3.1/

Enjoy!

Stéphane

Re: [Gramps-users] Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Paul Franklin-5
On 10/2/11, Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We now have the Ubuntu .deb file, the Windows All-In-One (Josip) as well as
> the Windows minimal installer (Steven), and two Mac .dmg files for Gramps
> 3.3.1. ...

As reported in http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5272#c21204
Josip has released GrampsAIO-3.3.1-2.exe so "hopefully someone will
upload it to gramps space at sourceforge."

I would add that I think it's wonderful that the "latest version" pointer
now points at the GrampsAIO version (and not the "Minimal Windows
Installer" one), so I hope the pointer gets moved too.

By the way, do we want "readme.creole" there too?

Thanks.

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Jay Treacy
The debian package has been uploaded. It should be available on your
favorite mirror within a few hours. Users of testing will have a 10
day wait before it becomes available.

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 09:58:04PM -0700, Stéphane Charette wrote:

> Version 3.3.1 -- "The Tenth Anniversary Edition" bug fix release.
>
>    - translation updates:  ca, cs, de, fr, hr, it, nb, nl, pl, pt_br, sk,
>    sl, sv, uk, zh_cn
>    - new languages in this release:  ja (Japanese), vi (Vietnamese)
>    - 36 bugs closed since v3.3.0:
>    http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php?version_id=27
>    - 79 translation commits since v3.3.0
>    - 189 code commits since v3.3.0
>    - ten years since v0.1.1 was first released:
>    http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Previous_releases
>    - "Thank you!" to Donald Allingham, The Gramps Developers, translators,
>    and our every day users
>

> Source tarball has been uploaded to SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/3.3.1/
>
> I'll upload the Ubuntu .deb file shortly.  To those who normally build the
> RedHat .rpm, Windows .exe, etc..., please e-mail me the location of the
> packages and I'll make sure the files are uploaded to SourceForge ASAP.
>
> Happy genealogy!
>
> Stéphane Charette

James (Jay) Treacy

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Graham Peter Davis
On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 21:58:04 -0700, Stéphane Charette wrote:

> Version 3.3.1 -- "The Tenth Anniversary Edition" bug fix release.

Noticed today that among my updates on openSUSE was one for Gramps but it
was a mini-update for 3.3.1, the original upgrade appears to have
occurred on Sunday or Monday and passed by without me noticing. Quick
work!

For openSUSE users who are not using Gnome, in order to get this version,
you'll need to have the Gnome repository allocated; OSS only contains
3.2.5.

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change boy to man
LibreOffice: http://www.documentfoundation.org/

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Paul Franklin-5
In order to fix http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5306
Eric has rebuilt the RPMs for gramps 3.3.1 and put them in his repo:
http://rpms.doutreleau.fr -- so if the EL6 version could be copied to
the SourceForge repository that would be nice.

When I asked him about the other 3.3.1-2 versions, he said he does
a "mass build" on all of them, so they all changed to "-2" versions.
Only the EL6 one (also known as Centos 6) matters, I believe.

Perhaps that would be a good time to also change SourceForge's
"Download the latest version" pointer from "gramps-3.2.5.tar.gz"
(say to Josip's GrampsAIO-3.3.1-2.exe)?

If it's possible for me to do it, upload it to SourceForge, I would
appreciate a pointer to some web page describing the process.

Thanks.

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Benny Malengier

2011/10/26 Paul Franklin <[hidden email]>
In order to fix http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5306
Eric has rebuilt the RPMs for gramps 3.3.1 and put them in his repo:
http://rpms.doutreleau.fr -- so if the EL6 version could be copied to
the SourceForge repository that would be nice.

When I asked him about the other 3.3.1-2 versions, he said he does
a "mass build" on all of them, so they all changed to "-2" versions.
Only the EL6 one (also known as Centos 6) matters, I believe.

Perhaps that would be a good time to also change SourceForge's
"Download the latest version" pointer from "gramps-3.2.5.tar.gz"
(say to Josip's GrampsAIO-3.3.1-2.exe)?

This is strange. Sourceforge should recognize your OS from the browser string. So in my case, I obtain automatically 3.3.1 version in .deb. I see that the AIO is the default for windows, and the intel dmg the default for Mac, so all should be automatic.
I now set the tar.gz as default for 'other' OS, so if your OS cannot be determined it should now show 3.3.1. Please check

If it's possible for me to do it, upload it to SourceForge, I would
appreciate a pointer to some web page describing the process.

Stephane must do it, if he misses this mail, just ping him again in a couple of days. It is possible to put something in waiting zone, don't know if that actually makes it easier for Stephane.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 08:38, Paul Franklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Only the EL6 one (also known as Centos 6) matters, I believe.

Done.

Stéphane

On 10/26/11, Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Done.

Thank you.  I will update the bug with a pointer.

On 10/26/11, Benny Malengier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I now set the tar.gz as default for 'other' OS, so if your OS cannot be
> determined it should now show 3.3.1. Please check

Yes, that worked.  For me it now shows the AIO 3.3.1-2 .exe file.
(I usually browse the web on Windows, using SeaMonkey,
a Netscape/Mozilla clone made by the Firefox/Mozilla folks.)
Thanks.

Re: Gramps v3.3.1 has been released!

Josip
On 02.10.2011 06:58, Stéphane Charette wrote:

> Source tarball has been uploaded to SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/3.3.1/
>
> I'll upload the Ubuntu .deb file shortly.  To those who normally build
> the RedHat .rpm, Windows .exe, etc..., please e-mail me the location of
> the packages and I'll make sure the files are uploaded to SourceForge ASAP.

Hi Stéphane,
you can find x64 Windows version of "all in one" bundle at:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3177851528/GrampsAIO64-3.3.1-1.exe

as discussed at:
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5344

--