Quantcast

GrampsAIO-4.2.5-1_win64 can't change language?

GrampsAIO-4.2.5-1_win64 can't change language?

Michel Vuijlsteke
I was getting more crashes than usual in 4.2.4 (when dragging sources from clipboard) so decided to install 4.2.5.

However, I can't get Gramps to start in Dutch anymore.

I changed the shortcut to "%comspec% /c set LANG=nl_BE.UTF-8 && grampsw.exe" but that doesn't do anything.

Any clue, anyone?

Michel

Re: GrampsAIO-4.2.5-1_win64 can't change language?

Dave Scheipers
Hi Michel

Starting with 4.2.5 you need to select the languages and dictionaries that you want installed.

Dave

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Michel Vuijlsteke <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was getting more crashes than usual in 4.2.4 (when dragging sources from clipboard) so decided to install 4.2.5.

However, I can't get Gramps to start in Dutch anymore.

I changed the shortcut to "%comspec% /c set LANG=nl_BE.UTF-8 && grampsw.exe" but that doesn't do anything.

Any clue, anyone?

Michel

Re: GrampsAIO-4.2.5-1_win64 can't change language?

Michel Vuijlsteke
Hm. I don't see anything in the release notes at https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/tag/v4.2.5, or on the wiki at https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_and_Windows#Setting_the_working_language

How do I select languages and dictionaries on Windows using the AIO?

Would it not make much more sense to have preference settings for interface language and reporting language?

Michel