Quantcast

GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
Hi all,
prepared 64bit pack of all in one bundle for users of 64bit windows
versions.
It is nsis install script so it will create startup shortcuts for you.
Include everything for gramps to work; including spell-checking,
GeographyView, GraphView, Graphviz, Ghostscript etc.

known bugs:
1. clipboard not really working: if someone can find reason or solution
it would be very nice.

download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/439816177/GrampsAIO64-3.2.5-1.exe

***dont try it if you have 32bit windows version***

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Peter Landgren
Josip,

Works just fine on console mode. In the other mode there is a missing space between -O and ..\share\

/Peter

> Hi all,
> prepared 64bit pack of all in one bundle for users of 64bit windows
> versions.
> It is nsis install script so it will create startup shortcuts for you.
> Include everything for gramps to work; including spell-checking,
> GeographyView, GraphView, Graphviz, Ghostscript etc.
>
> known bugs:
> 1. clipboard not really working: if someone can find reason or solution
> it would be very nice.
>
> download link:
> http://rapidshare.com/files/439816177/GrampsAIO64-3.2.5-1.exe
>
> ***dont try it if you have 32bit windows version***

--
Peter Landgren
Talken Hagen
671 94  BRUNSKOG
0570-530 21
070-345 0964
[hidden email]
Skype: pgl4820.2

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Udo van den Heuvel
On 2010-12-29 16:04, Josip wrote:
> prepared 64bit pack of all in one bundle for users of 64bit windows
> versions.
> It is nsis install script so it will create startup shortcuts for you.
> Include everything for gramps to work; including spell-checking,
> GeographyView, GraphView, Graphviz, Ghostscript etc.

Great news!
I already installed the 32-bit software on the Win7 x86_64 laptop but I
guess I can uninstall and install this package?

Please confirm that this approach works and I can give it a go this weekend.
Also reports about installs of the 64-bit pack are welcome.

Udo

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 29.12.2010 17:04, Peter Landgren wrote:
> Josip,
>
> Works just fine on console mode. In the other mode there is a missing space between -O and ..\share\

Thanks Peter good catch!
Would build another one and post new link.

If you like to change or add something you can do it yourself if you
like. Install NSIS and compile file
%YOUR_INSTALL_DIR%\share\source\grampsaio64.nsi with him.

Anybody else can use link to GUI mode from "start menu --> programs -->
GrampsAIO"

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 29.12.2010 17:10, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> I already installed the 32-bit software on the Win7 x86_64 laptop but I
> guess I can uninstall and install this package?
>
> Please confirm that this approach works and I can give it a go this weekend.
> Also reports about installs of the 64-bit pack are welcome.

It is self-contained so will not use anything outside his own folder.
It is invisible to system so it will not mess your previous installation
of gtk, python, pygtk etc.

It however use default system GRAMPSHOME but both 32bit & 64bit of AIO
use same python and db version so can be used interchangeably.

If your previous version use something else it is best to change
environment variable GRAMPSHOME to something new or to add sach command
to shorcut link.

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 29.12.2010 17:04, Peter Landgren wrote:
> Josip,
>
> Works just fine on console mode. In the other mode there is a missing space between -O and ..\share\

new link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/439833562/GrampsAIO64-3.2.5-2.exe

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
Great job Josip!!!

that's what I dreamed before to have a simple solution for all Windows users!
Also Enchant and GeoView are running well.

Just a first finding:
I tried to check all versions using Help --> Info and got an error message:
400746: ERROR: gramps.py: line 151: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 1508, in display_about_box
    about = GrampsAboutDialog()
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\GrampsAboutDialog.py", line 95, in __init__
    self.set_comments(_(const.COMMENTS) + self.get_versions())
  File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\GrampsAboutDialog.py", line 138, in get_versions
    elipses(distribution)))
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'distribution' referenced before assignment

and two questions:
1. If I want to add an additional package for any Addon (e.g. pyExiv for the Image Metadata Gramplet): What are the rules to do that?
2. How to control the language? Gramps runs well using the native language of my Windows system (it's German). But in case of any error I prefer the English version for screen shots.

-Helge

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
My own answer for question 2:
I see there is a modification in gramps.py to check for the environment variable LANG following a discussion some time ago:
# windows specific part
if constfunc.win():
    lang = ' '
    try:
        lang = os.environ["LANG"]
    except:
        lang = locale.getlocale()[0]
        if not lang:
            lang = '.'.join((locale.getdefaultlocale()[0], 'utf-8'))
    os.environ["LANG"] = lang
    os.environ["LANGUAGE"] = lang

-Helge

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
Again two questions:
1. Because I have already several extensions installed on my computer and GrampsAOI64 provides for me the following graphical outputs:
+ openDoc
+ PDF
+ PostScript
+ SVG
What extensions are included? I already found gswin32.exe.

2. Is there a tool to control the "themes" also included?

-Helge

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Peter Landgren
Den Thursday 30 December 2010 18.08.33 skrev Helge@Gramps:

> Great job Josip!!!
>
> that's what I dreamed before to have a simple solution for all Windows
> users!
> Also Enchant and GeoView are running well.
>
> Just a first finding:
> I tried to check all versions using Help --> Info and got an error message:
> 400746: ERROR: gramps.py: line 151: Unhandled exception
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line
> 1508, in display_about_box
>     about = GrampsAboutDialog()
>   File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\GrampsAboutDialog.py",
> line 95, in __init__
>     self.set_comments(_(const.COMMENTS) + self.get_versions())
>   File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\GrampsAboutDialog.py",
> line 138, in get_versions
>     elipses(distribution)))
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'distribution' referenced before
> assignment
Someone has added some code, so it's not as in svn.

To fix it change
             except: pass
             except:
                distribution = ""
                pass

/Peter

--
Peter Landgren
Talken Hagen

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
Peter Landgren wrote
Den Thursday 30 December 2010 18.08.33 skrev Helge@Gramps:
Someone has added some code, so it's not as in svn.
Well I first did look only at running program. But now I see there are several changes in several sources. That seems to me a little bit dangerous. If there is an issue it's difficult to decide: it's global for Gramps or local for the AOI. I hope there will be a way to use Gramps "as it is" from svn AND to have an all-in-one-installer.

-Helge

PS: For the moment I use this patch to prevent the information error: GrampsAboutDialog.diff

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

DS Blank
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Helge@Gramps <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter Landgren wrote:
>>
>> Den Thursday 30 December 2010 18.08.33 skrev Helge@Gramps:
>> Someone has added some code, so it's not as in svn.
>>
> Well I first did look only at running program. But now I see there are
> several changes in several sources. That seems to me a little bit dangerous.
> If there is an issue it's difficult to decide: it's global for Gramps or
> local for the AOI. I hope there will be a way to use Gramps "as it is" from
> svn AND to have an all-in-one-installer.

Yes, let's try to keep any needed changes "upstream" in gramps core,
unless there is a specific reason not too. We have done the same with
Mac OS Quartz changes, which are now in trunk.

-Doug

> -Helge
>
> PS: For the moment I use this patch to prevent the information error:
> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n3168600/GrampsAboutDialog.diff
> GrampsAboutDialog.diff

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 30.12.2010 18:08, Helge@Gramps wrote:

> Great job Josip!!!
>
> that's what I dreamed before to have a simple solution for all Windows
> users!
> Also Enchant and GeoView are running well.
>
> Just a first finding:
> I tried to check all versions using Help -->  Info and got an error message:
> 400746: ERROR: gramps.py: line 151: Unhandled exception
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line
> 1508, in display_about_box
>      about = GrampsAboutDialog()
>    File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\GrampsAboutDialog.py",
> line 95, in __init__
>      self.set_comments(_(const.COMMENTS) + self.get_versions())
>    File "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\share\gramps\GrampsAboutDialog.py",
> line 138, in get_versions
>      elipses(distribution)))
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'distribution' referenced before
> assignment
>
> and two questions:
> 1. If I want to add an additional package for any Addon (e.g. pyExiv for the
> Image Metadata Gramplet): What are the rules to do that?
> 2. How to control the language? Gramps runs well using the native language
> of my Windows system (it's German). But in case of any error I prefer the
> English version for screen shots.
>
> -Helge

Hi,
thanks for trying it out!

This install come from my running version (see
...\share\source\grampsaio64.nsi) so it is copy of my directory.
Just installed pywin32 and couldn't resist to try it ;-) (thats why is
ended here)

1. python modules go to site-packages folder as usual, they dependencies
to bin folder (otherwise it will be searched in os system folders and
any folder in path envs)

2. as allays, change lang and language variables

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 30.12.2010 18:45, Helge@Gramps wrote:

> Again two questions:
> 1. Because I have already several extensions installed on my computer and
> GrampsAOI64 provides for me the following graphical outputs:
> + openDoc
> + PDF
> + PostScript
> + SVG
> What extensions are included? I already found gswin32.exe.
>
> 2. Is there a tool to control the "themes" also included?

1.
gswin32.exe = Ghostscript
As it is said it includes: Ghostcsript, Graphviz (ie: dot), GtkSpell,
WebkitGtk.

2.
No.
btw seetings are in gtkrc files which just plain text.

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
just some additional findings, Ancestry --> "Graph View" misses some fonts:
(dot.exe:548): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Helvetica Not-Rotated 30",
falling back to "Sans Not-Rotated 30", expect ugly output.

(dot.exe:4884): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Times New Not-Rotated 9",
falling back to "Sans Not-Rotated 9", expect ugly output.
D:\GRAMPS\gramps\gramps32\plugins\GraphView\graphview.py:229: PangoWarning: couldn't load font "Times Not-Rotated 9", falling back to "Sans Not-Rotated 9", expect ugly output.
  parser.get_active_person_y())

-Helge

PS: all the best to come into the New Year

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps

just new issues:
+ drag&drop from person editor to the clipboard isn't possible (not for: sources, person, notes, ...)
+ minor issue: there are some applications not available for 64 bit:
   * gtk2_prefs.exe --> no GUI to control themes
   * e.g. exiv2.exe ans necessary dll to run 'image metadata gramplet'

-Helge

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 01.01.2011 22:47, Helge@Gramps wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just new issues:
> + drag&drop from person editor to the clipboard isn't possible (not for:
> sources, person, notes, ...)
> + minor issue: there are some applications not available for 64 bit:
>     * gtk2_prefs.exe -->  no GUI to control themes
>     * e.g. exiv2.exe ans necessary dll to run 'image metadata gramplet'
>
> -Helge

Hi,
yes clipboard do not work correctly :-(
do not know way and would like to fix it.

If by "gtk2_prefs" you meant GTK+ Preference Tool (took me some time to
find that) OK it is not big and can be easily added.
For now download him from: http://rapidshare.com/users/K65PY0/
and put unzipped gtk2_prefs.exe to AIO bin folder.

exiv2 is not problem but pyexiv2 is problem for me to build, i can
import him on console but he is not working in gramps correctly (would
try another time again)

Thanks again, you are really beta-tester

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
Hi,
Josip-3 wrote
yes clipboard do not work correctly :-(
do not know way and would like to fix it.
I looked in more details and found this:
For all list views except Source List View drag&drop runs well. It seems to me as problem of dragging because after left mouse button down and moving the mouse I can see for a very short time the + icon. But than the cursor looses this '+'

Josip-3 wrote
If by "gtk2_prefs" you meant GTK+ Preference Tool (took me some time to
find that) OK it is not big and can be easily added.
For now download him from: http://rapidshare.com/users/K65PY0/
and put unzipped gtk2_prefs.exe to AIO bin folder.
Sorry for the minimalist description, I'll improve my descriptions next time.
Your new gtk2_prefs.exe doesn't run. Are you sure to add all necessary stuff? The 32 bit version is 287 kilobyte your 64 bit version is 74 kilobyte only.

Josip-3 wrote
exiv2 is not problem but pyexiv2 is problem for me to build, i can
import him on console but he is not working in gramps correctly (would
try another time again)
May be we should contact the developer group at http://tilloy.net/dev/pyexiv2/download.html

-Helge

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Helge@Gramps
Just an addition concerning exiv2 and pyexiv2: I lost for all my Gramps versions (including trunk) the possibility to install this add-on or to run it with out errors.
I'll test a little bit more and come back if I have further results.
-Helge

Re: GrampsAIO 64bit

Josip-3
On 02.01.2011 12:11, Helge@Gramps wrote:

 > Your new gtk2_prefs.exe doesn't run. Are you sure to add all necessary
 > stuff? The 32 bit version is 287 kilobyte your 64 bit version is 74
kilobyte
 > only.

Hmmm..., let my tray.
I do fresh install of "GrampsAIO64-3.2.5-3.exe",
unzip "gtk2_prefs.exe" from "gtk2_prefs-for_AIO64.zip" and put him in
AIO bin folder.
It works for me :-)

You can check dependencies for yourself with included objdump from binutils.
Go to your AIO install bin folder and type:
objdump -p gtk2_prefs.exe | findstr /r "\<.*dll\>" | sort

Here are my resault:
C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64\bin>objdump -p gtk2_prefs.exe | findstr /r
"\<.*dll\>" | sort
         DLL Name: ADVAPI32.dll
         DLL Name: KERNEL32.dll
         DLL Name: libatk-1.0-0.dll
         DLL Name: libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
         DLL Name: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll
         DLL Name: libglib-2.0-0.dll
         DLL Name: libgobject-2.0-0.dll
         DLL Name: libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll
         DLL Name: libpango-1.0-0.dll
         DLL Name: libstdc++-6.dll
         DLL Name: msvcrt.dll
         DLL Name: msvcrt.dll

First and last two is windows libraries, any others are already in bin
folder. So it is strange if it does not run!
Are you starting him from bin folder or perhaps from somewhere else?

--
Josip