Quantcast

GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

Josip-3
Hi all,
just uploaded new all in one gramps package on:
http://rapidshare.com/files/438456357/GrampsAIO-3.2.5-3.exe
and would be grateful for any comment.

As previous version is 7z self-extractable package so if you have 7z (it
is free) you can check content before extracting it for yourself.

If extracted in C:\GrampsAIO for example then to use it from console type:
   cd C:\GrampsAIO\bin
   python ..\share\gramps\gramps.py

Or create new shortcut on desktop or start menu with target:
   C:\GrampsAIO\bin\python -O ..\share\gramps\gramps.py
or
   C:\GrampsAIO\bin\pythonw -O ..\share\gramps\gramps.py
for gui mode.

Dont forget to make backup copy of your database first ;-)

It is cca 40mb download expanded to 190mb.
New version now contains ghostscript and graphviz so have everything
needed for full Gramps experience.
Python is upgraded to 2.7.1 and better packaged.
Fixed some problem with localized dates which was only one user report
from 100 downloads (!!If you use it please respond back!!)

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

Josip-3
Looks like someone put new download links on gramps
wiki but dont update instructions to use it ;-)

Right-click with mouse on desktop...
New --> Shortcut...
In CreateChorcut windows that opens type
  C:\GrampsAIO\bin\python -O ..\share\gramps\gramps.py
Click next...
Type name for this shorcut: type in GrampsAIO...
Click finish...

To start Gramps double-click on that shortcut

If you don't want dos windows in background replace "python" with "pythonw".

This distribution is directory based, it means that it load all
dependencies from directory in which they start so if you want to use it
from console (dos prompt) you must first go to their directory as:

cd C:\GrampsAIO\bin

On 21.12.2010 21:07, Josip wrote:

> Looks like someone put new download links on gramps
> wiki but dont update instructions to use it ;-)
>
> Right-click with mouse on desktop...
> New -->  Shortcut...
> In CreateChorcut windows that opens type
>    C:\GrampsAIO\bin\python -O ..\share\gramps\gramps.py
> Click next...
> Type name for this shorcut: type in GrampsAIO...
> Click finish...
>
> To start Gramps double-click on that shortcut
>
> If you don't want dos windows in background replace "python" with "pythonw".
>
> This distribution is directory based, it means that it load all
> dependencies from directory in which they start so if you want to use it
> from console (dos prompt) you must first go to their directory as:
>
> cd C:\GrampsAIO\bin
> python -O ..\share\gramps\gramps.py

Thanks Lcc it was quick ;-)

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

Mary Lynch-2
On 20/12/2010 23:50, Josip wrote:
> Hi all,
> just uploaded new all in one gramps package on:
> http://rapidshare.com/files/438456357/GrampsAIO-3.2.5-3.exe
> and would be grateful for any comment.

It's great to have an all-in-one version (especially as it includes the
geography view) but the clipboard doesn't seem to work properly. I can
drag objects to the clipboard, but not from it. Does anyone else have
the same problem?

Mary Lynch

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

lcc .
>From "Doug", this message is in nabble.com:
Josip,

I've tried GRAMPSAIO on both WinXP and Windows 7 with a couple of databases.
I get an error message that the Geographic View fails.

Importing the databases from a gpkg freezes/crashes with the message
"Error extracting into c:\\Users\doug\<name-of-database>.gpkg.media"

This is happening with a large or small DB; both of which import OK
with Portable Gramps

On 23.12.2010 21:25, lcc . wrote:

>  From "Doug", this message is in nabble.com:
> Josip,
>
> I've tried GRAMPSAIO on both WinXP and Windows 7 with a couple of databases.
> I get an error message that the Geographic View fails.
>
> Importing the databases from a gpkg freezes/crashes with the message
> "Error extracting into c:\\Users\doug\<name-of-database>.gpkg.media"
>
> This is happening with a large or small DB; both of which import OK
> with Portable Gramps

Is it happen with last version 3
(http://rapidshare.com/files/438456357/GrampsAIO-3.2.5-3.exe) if you use
older one please try this one.

It works for me with gpkg format in both xp/7 (64bit version).
It looks like it is started wrong or pull-in foreign dependencies.

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

Peter Landgren
Josip,

I think you have missed some translations in version 3. I had to copy the Swedish translation from a
previous version.

/Peter

On 27.12.2010 18:18, Peter Landgren wrote:
> Josip,
>
> I think you have missed some translations in version 3. I had to copy the Swedish translation from a
> previous version.
>
> /Peter

Opss! :-):-)
Tried to clean some locales that are not supported by gramps and
accidentally removed "sv" also.
Should i upload new one?

It also have problem with clipboard but dont know if it is because newer
libs or the way how gramps is patched.
Can you look at that?

BTW aim trying to make 64bit version but get stack with enchant, damn
thing cant find any providers so spell-checking do not works (no errors
thrown but no languages to choose from). It seems that there is same
problem with 32bit version (it just failed silently). Dont know what i
am doing wrong previous version are builded easy and work ok :-(

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

owenm
Josip-3 wrote
Hi all,
just uploaded new all in one gramps package on:
http://rapidshare.com/files/438456357/GrampsAIO-3.2.5-3.exe
and would be grateful for any comment.
Hi Josip. I just tried this (on Win7-32), and the results aren't good.  It's my first time trying Gramps, so perhaps my pattern of use is not typical, but I see frequent error dialogs when selecting the Ancestry view.

Not a good start with Gramps...

I entered a handful of people across two families, select Ancestry, and get the error dialog.  Pressing ESC will progress the program until another identical dialog is displayed (previous dialogs still visible), with the dialog boxes stacking up (one error dialog for each node of the ancestory graph it appears) and when the graph is complete then ESC begins to "pop" dialog boxes off the screen until none remain.  Does that make sense?

Disappointing, as I'd heard good things of Gramps.  Do you think that this is an issue specific to the AIO package, or is it an issue with Gramps proper?

cheers,
Owen.

On 31.12.2010 17:16, owenm wrote:

> Hi Josip. I just tried this (on Win7-32), and the results aren't good.  It's
> my first time trying Gramps, so perhaps my pattern of use is not typical,
> but I see frequent error dialogs when selecting the Ancestry view.
>
> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n3169568/gramps_bug.jpg
>
> I entered a handful of people across two families, select Ancestry, and get
> the error dialog.  Pressing ESC will progress the program until another
> identical dialog is displayed (previous dialogs still visible), with the
> dialog boxes stacking up (one error dialog for each node of the ancestory
> graph it appears) and when the graph is complete then ESC begins to "pop"
> dialog boxes off the screen until none remain.  Does that make sense?
>
> Disappointing, as I'd heard good things of Gramps.  Do you think that this
> is an issue specific to the AIO package, or is it an issue with Gramps
> proper?

It is probably the problem with newer version of pycairo (problem exist
on windows and mac only).
Please see:
http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/realize-event-in-peedigreview-tt3168652.html
for possible solution.

If it is easier to you unzip attached file to your install folder
share\gramps\plugins\view overwriting existing pedigreeview.py.

If it works (it does for me) please let us know!

--
Josip

pedigreeview.zip (16K) Download Attachment

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

owenm
Josip-3 wrote
It is probably the problem with newer version of pycairo (problem exist
on windows and mac only).
If it works (it does for me) please let us know!
Thanks a lot Josip, that seems to have done the job alright

For the uninitiated like myself, it might be worth delivering the non-cairo version of Pedigree View in your next AIO package for Windows until the underlying issue is sorted.

I'll continue to play with Gramps and let you know how I get on.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!
Owen.

Re: GrampsAIO (all in one) new version

almbris

I can't download your installation file for Gramps (I'm useing Windows)

Almbris