GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Josip
Hi all!
Gramps bundle for ones who wish to test in Windows Gramps development
version in master or gramps40 branch in both Python2 and Python3.

Download GrampsAIO4D.exe from http://goo.gl/RpK8jj
it is 57MB and extract included files in "C:\" for example (files will
then be in "C:\GrampsAIO4" folder)

If you don't have or use git then for master version go to
http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/master/tree/
and click button "Download Snapshot".
For gramps40 branch use:
http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/maintenance/gramps40/~/tree/

Extract downloaded zip files somewhere and start console (cmd.exe) in
that folder. Then in console type:

set PATH=C:\GrampsAIO4\bin;%PATH%
python2 setup.py build
python2 Gramps.py

You can install it with "python2 setup.py install" but there is no need
for that. For Python3 use "python3" or just "python".

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

enno
Hi Josip,
> Gramps bundle for ones who wish to test in Windows Gramps development
> version in master or gramps40 branch in both Python2 and Python3.
>
> Download GrampsAIO4D.exe from http://goo.gl/RpK8jj
> it is 57MB and extract included files in "C:\" for example (files will
> then be in "C:\GrampsAIO4" folder)
Thank you. It works very well in my Windows 8.1. Font looks good, icons too.

cheers,

Dana 10.4.2014. 17:19, Enno Borgsteede je napisao:
> Thank you. It works very well in my Windows 8.1. Font looks good, icons too.

Thanks, glad to hear that!

Most changes for Windows are for text encodings so please do tests with
files and family-trees which have non-ascii characthers in their names.
Test such paths also by setting GRAMPSHOME variable to them.

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Helge.Herz-2
Josip, thanks a lot.
It seems to run basically well on Win 7 Prof (64bit) German:
Gramps Settings:
----------------
  python    : 3.3.5
  gramps    : 4.1.0
  gtk++     : 3.10.6
  pygobject : 3.10.2
  pango     : 1.36.1
  Using bsddb3
  bsddb     : 6.0.1
  bsddb.db  : 6.0.30
  cairo     : 1.12.16
  pycairo   : 1.10.0
  osmgpsmap : 1.0
  GExiv2    : 0.4
  ICU       : 52.1
  PyICU     : 1.6
  o.s.      : win32

Environment settings:
---------------------
  LANG      : de_DE.UTF-8
  LANGUAGE  : de
  GRAMPSI18N: not set
  GRAMPSHOME: D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\GrampsData
  GRAMPSDIR : not set
  PYTHONPATH:

     D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python33.zip
     D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3
     D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3\plat-win
     D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3\lib-dynload
     C:\Moluccas\AIO32
     D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3\site-packages

Non-python dependencies:
------------------------
  Graphviz  : 2.34
  Ghostscr. : 9.10

System PATH env variable:
-------------------------
      D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\

I wonder about one PYTHONPATH:   C:\Moluccas\AIO32
Do you have any idea where it comes from?

I'll go ahead to check this using Gramps 4.1
Regards
Helge

Dana 10.4.2014. 22:44, Helge.Herz je napisao:
> Environment settings:
> ---------------------
>    LANG      : de_DE.UTF-8
>    LANGUAGE  : de
>    GRAMPSI18N: not set
>    GRAMPSHOME: D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\GrampsData

Please do add to that for test first folder with some German characters
and later one with foreign to German language

>    GRAMPSDIR : not set
>    PYTHONPATH:
>
>       D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python33.zip
>       D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3
>       D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3\plat-win
>       D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3\lib-dynload
>       C:\Moluccas\AIO32
>       D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\lib\python3.3\site-packages
>
> Non-python dependencies:
> ------------------------
>    Graphviz  : 2.34
>    Ghostscr. : 9.10
>
> System PATH env variable:
> -------------------------
>        D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\
>
> I wonder about one PYTHONPATH:   C:\Moluccas\AIO32
> Do you have any idea where it comes from?

That is my install prefix on machine when i built it, don't know why or
how it get hard-encoded in python :-O

--
Josip

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Paul Franklin-5
> Gramps bundle for ones who wish to test in Windows Gramps development
> version in master or gramps40 branch in both Python2 and Python3.

Now that a (relatively) easily-accessible version of gramps
proto-4.0.4 is (more or less) available, it might be nice if you
Windows testers were to try to run any of the dialogs which
Jerome listed in 7570, to see if they do have a problem (in
expanding), and ideally to commit a False=>True fix for the
glade file -- after you test it does indeed fix any problem.

You might annotate that bug so that others don't have to
repeat any test you do.

Any problem we find now will mean one less problem for
our users when 4.0.4 is released (and either run on Josip's
Windows bundle or some modern o.s., e.g. Ubuntu 14.04).

Just a thought.  Thanks.

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Peter Landgren
Josip,

Clicked on a media file (DB för AnnaJönsdotter.jpg)
and got this error.

python2 Gramps.py
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::BasicError<char>'
   what():
C:/Users/Peter/Documents/GrampsMedia/Dokument/DB för
AnnaJönsdotter.jpg: Failed to open the data source: No such file or
directory (errno = 2)

way.

/Peter

> Hi all!
> Gramps bundle for ones who wish to test in Windows Gramps development
> version in master or gramps40 branch in both Python2 and Python3.
>
> Download GrampsAIO4D.exe from http://goo.gl/RpK8jj
> it is 57MB and extract included files in "C:\" for example (files will
> then be in "C:\GrampsAIO4" folder)
>
> If you don't have or use git then for master version go to
> http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/master/tree/
> and click button "Download Snapshot".
> For gramps40 branch use:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/maintenance/gramps40/~/tree/
>
> Extract downloaded zip files somewhere and start console (cmd.exe) in
> that folder. Then in console type:
>
> set PATH=C:\GrampsAIO4\bin;%PATH%
> python2 setup.py build
> python2 Gramps.py
>
> You can install it with "python2 setup.py install" but there is no need
> for that. For Python3 use "python3" or just "python".

--
Peter Landgren
Talken Hagen
671 94  Brunskog
0570-530 21
070-345 0964

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Peter Landgren
Tried python 3 in stead:

User Information:
===================

During startup of Gramps

Error Details:
===================

33403: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 400:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 369, in __startgramps
     Gramps(argparser)
   File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 277, in __init__
     config.get("interface.view-categories"))
   File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 315, in __init__
     self.do_reg_plugins(self.dbstate, self.uistate)
   File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 738, in do_reg_plugins
     error = CLIManager.do_reg_plugins(self, dbstate, uistate)
   File ".\gramps\cli\grampscli.py", line 314, in do_reg_plugins
     self._pmgr.reg_plugins(PLUGINS_DIR, dbstate, uistate)
   File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 134, in reg_plugins
     self.__pgr.scan_dir(dirpath)
   File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_pluginreg.py", line 1108, in scan_dir
     stream = fd.read()
   File "C:/GrampsAIO4/lib/python3.3/encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in
decode
     return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position
1671: character maps to <undefined>

System Information:
===================

Python version: 3.3.5 (default, Mar 30 2014, 08:27:32) [GCC 4.7.3]
BSDDB version: 6.0.1 (6, 0, 30)
Gramps version: 4.1.0
LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
OS: win32
GTK version    : 3.10.6
gobject version: 3.10.2
cairo version  : (1, 10, 0)

/Peter

Am 12.04.2014 13:24, schrieb Peter Landgren:

> Josip,
>
> Clicked on a media file (DB för AnnaJönsdotter.jpg)
> and got this error.
>
> python2 Gramps.py
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::BasicError<char>'
>     what():
> C:/Users/Peter/Documents/GrampsMedia/Dokument/DB för
> AnnaJönsdotter.jpg: Failed to open the data source: No such file or
> directory (errno = 2)
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
>

> /Peter

With python3 and gramps 4.1 I didn't got this (media with non-ascii
characters in their name doesn't matter)
- Helge

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Helge.Herz-2
I tried "set GRAMPSHOME=%~dp0GrampsData_äöüÄÖÜß"
An existing folder having this name will not be used! Instead a new one was created: GrampsData_õ÷³─Í▄▀

If I add this "chcp 1250" into my batch before running gramps than the the existing folder "GrampsData_äöüÄÖÜß" will be used without trouble.
Gramps -v prints still the wrong as in the past
Environment settings:
---------------------
 LANG      : en_GB.UTF-8
 LANGUAGE  : en_GB
 GRAMPSI18N: not set
 GRAMPSHOME: D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\GrampsData_äöüÄÖÜß
 GRAMPSDIR : not set
 PYTHONPATH:

regards
Helge

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Helge.Herz-2
Hi all,

just to be sure that I understood all discussions (also in other
threads) before right:
+ Gramps 4.0.x we will try / check with python 2.x only
+ Gramps 4.1.x we will try / check with python 3.x only

Regards
Helge

Dana 12.4.2014. 13:33, Peter Landgren je napisao:

> Tried python 3 in stead:
>
> User Information:
> ===================
>
> During startup of Gramps
>

> Error Details:
> ===================
>
> 33403: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 400:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 369, in __startgramps
>      Gramps(argparser)
>    File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 277, in __init__
>      config.get("interface.view-categories"))
>    File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 315, in __init__
>      self.do_reg_plugins(self.dbstate, self.uistate)
>    File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 738, in do_reg_plugins
>      error = CLIManager.do_reg_plugins(self, dbstate, uistate)
>    File ".\gramps\cli\grampscli.py", line 314, in do_reg_plugins
>      self._pmgr.reg_plugins(PLUGINS_DIR, dbstate, uistate)
>    File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 134, in reg_plugins
>      self.__pgr.scan_dir(dirpath)
>    File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_pluginreg.py", line 1108, in scan_dir
>      stream = fd.read()
>    File "C:/GrampsAIO4/lib/python3.3/encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in
> decode
>      return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position
> 1671: character maps to <undefined>
>
> System Information:
> ===================
>
> Python version: 3.3.5 (default, Mar 30 2014, 08:27:32) [GCC 4.7.3]
> BSDDB version: 6.0.1 (6, 0, 30)
> Gramps version: 4.1.0
> LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
> OS: win32
> GTK version    : 3.10.6
> gobject version: 3.10.2
> cairo version  : (1, 10, 0)

Peter,
please include git revision.
If you use git to download source use "git log -1 --format=%h" and if
you download zipped source then first six characters from hash in
filename.For example for:
"gramps-source-f4c871bdaf1093096cab246e7fe2f958c924a3a8.zip"; that would
be "f4c871"

Dana 12.4.2014. 14:12, Helge.Herz je napisao:
> Hi all,
>
> just to be sure that I understood all discussions (also in other
> threads) before right:
> + Gramps 4.0.x we will try / check with python 2.x only
> + Gramps 4.1.x we will try / check with python 3.x only

Both of them should work in python2 and python3.
After 4.1.0 release new master (future 4.2.0 or 5.0.0) may become
python3 only.
Now for AIO version we (i) will include only one python version, that
which works best.

Dana 12.4.2014. 14:10, Helge.Herz je napisao:

> I tried "set GRAMPSHOME=%~dp0GrampsData_äöüÄÖÜß"
> An existing folder having this name will not be used! Instead a new one
> was created: GrampsData_õ÷³─Í▄▀
>
> If I add this "chcp 1250" into my batch before running gramps than the
> the existing folder "GrampsData_äöüÄÖÜß" will be used without trouble.
> Gramps -v prints still the wrong as in the past
>
>     Environment settings:
>     ---------------------
>       LANG      : en_GB.UTF-8
>       LANGUAGE  : en_GB
>       GRAMPSI18N: not set
>       GRAMPSHOME: D:\Gramps4.1_on_py33+bsddb3\GrampsData_äöüÄÖÜß
>       GRAMPSDIR : not set
>       PYTHONPATH:

With "set GRAMPSHOME=XXXXXXX" i was referring to usage in console
(terminal, cmd.exe, "dos-box") in that you can only type characters
supported in your locale oem page and they be correctly encoded to
unicode for environment variables. Foreign characters must be entered in
unicode so no problem for them (problem is more how to type them)

If you modify it from file than you must declare ansi page in which file
are written (if you use anything outside ascii)

2014-04-12 14:57, Josip skrev:

> Dana 12.4.2014. 13:33, Peter Landgren je napisao:
>> Tried python 3 in stead:
>>
>> User Information:
>> ===================
>>
>> During startup of Gramps
>>

>> Error Details:
>> ===================
>>
>> 33403: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 400:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>     File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 369, in __startgramps
>>       Gramps(argparser)
>>     File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 277, in __init__
>>       config.get("interface.view-categories"))
>>     File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 315, in __init__
>>       self.do_reg_plugins(self.dbstate, self.uistate)
>>     File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 738, in do_reg_plugins
>>       error = CLIManager.do_reg_plugins(self, dbstate, uistate)
>>     File ".\gramps\cli\grampscli.py", line 314, in do_reg_plugins
>>       self._pmgr.reg_plugins(PLUGINS_DIR, dbstate, uistate)
>>     File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 134, in reg_plugins
>>       self.__pgr.scan_dir(dirpath)
>>     File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_pluginreg.py", line 1108, in scan_dir
>>       stream = fd.read()
>>     File "C:/GrampsAIO4/lib/python3.3/encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in
>> decode
>>       return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
>> UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position
>> 1671: character maps to <undefined>
>>
>> System Information:
>> ===================
>>
>> Python version: 3.3.5 (default, Mar 30 2014, 08:27:32) [GCC 4.7.3]
>> BSDDB version: 6.0.1 (6, 0, 30)
>> Gramps version: 4.1.0
>> LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
>> OS: win32
>> GTK version    : 3.10.6
>> gobject version: 3.10.2
>> cairo version  : (1, 10, 0)
> Peter,
> please include git revision.
> If you use git to download source use "git log -1 --format=%h" and if
> you download zipped source then first six characters from hash in
> filename.For example for:
> "gramps-source-f4c871bdaf1093096cab246e7fe2f958c924a3a8.zip"; that would
> be "f4c871"

1. I used the snapshot:
file:///home/peter/Hämtningar/gramps-source-63f0dc344741c9d8f031bf331c56a5f8282f641c.zip

2. For the issue with \x8d:
The offending string is:
"cs_CZ", "\xc4\x8desky", "czech", "Czech",
char #1671 ^

which can be found in relplugins.gpr.py line 54:
plg.lang_list = ["cs", "CZ", "cs_CZ", "česky", "czech",

/Peter

--
Peter Landgren
Talken Hagen

Re: GrampsAIO4D - for testing Gramps in Windows

Hans Ulrich Frink-2
User Information:
===================

and click button "Download Snapshot".

Error Details:
===================

847: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
849: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
850: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
852: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
854: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
856: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
858: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
859: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
861: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
862: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
864: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
865: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
867: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
869: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
871: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
873: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
874: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
876: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
878: WARNING: grampslocale.py: line 497: No Localedir provided, unable to find translations
40327: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 400:
Gramps failed to start. Please report a bug about this.
This could be because of an error in a (third party) View on startup.
To use another view, don't load a Family Tree, change view, and then load your Family Tree.
You can also change manually the startup view in the gramps.ini file
by changing the last-view parameter.
[...]

LANG: en_US.UTF-8
OS: win32
GTK version    : 3.10.6
gobject version: 3.10.2
cairo version  : (1, 10, 0)

Dana 12.4.2014. 13:24, Peter Landgren je napisao:

> Josip,
>
> Clicked on a media file (DB för AnnaJönsdotter.jpg)
> and got this error.
>
> python2 Gramps.py
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::BasicError<char>'
>    what():
> C:/Users/Peter/Documents/GrampsMedia/Dokument/DB för
> AnnaJönsdotter.jpg: Failed to open the data source: No such file or
> directory (errno = 2)
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.

I can't get it to work in both python2/3 with any unicode characters???

Am 12.04.2014 15:24, schrieb Peter Landgren:

> 2014-04-12 14:57, Josip skrev:
>> Dana 12.4.2014. 13:33, Peter Landgren je napisao:
>>> Tried python 3 in stead:
>>>
>>> User Information:
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> During startup of Gramps
>>>

>>> Error Details:
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> 33403: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 400:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>      File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 369, in __startgramps
>>>        Gramps(argparser)
>>>      File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 277, in __init__
>>>        config.get("interface.view-categories"))
>>>      File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 315, in __init__
>>>        self.do_reg_plugins(self.dbstate, self.uistate)
>>>      File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 738, in do_reg_plugins
>>>        error = CLIManager.do_reg_plugins(self, dbstate, uistate)
>>>      File ".\gramps\cli\grampscli.py", line 314, in do_reg_plugins
>>>        self._pmgr.reg_plugins(PLUGINS_DIR, dbstate, uistate)
>>>      File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 134, in reg_plugins
>>>        self.__pgr.scan_dir(dirpath)
>>>      File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_pluginreg.py", line 1108, in scan_dir
>>>        stream = fd.read()
>>>      File "C:/GrampsAIO4/lib/python3.3/encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in
>>> decode
>>>        return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
>>> UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position
>>> 1671: character maps to <undefined>
>>>
>>> System Information:
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> Python version: 3.3.5 (default, Mar 30 2014, 08:27:32) [GCC 4.7.3]
>>> BSDDB version: 6.0.1 (6, 0, 30)
>>> Gramps version: 4.1.0
>>> LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
>>> OS: win32
>>> GTK version    : 3.10.6
>>> gobject version: 3.10.2
>>> cairo version  : (1, 10, 0)
>> Peter,
>> please include git revision.
>> If you use git to download source use "git log -1 --format=%h" and if
>> you download zipped source then first six characters from hash in
>> filename.For example for:
>> "gramps-source-f4c871bdaf1093096cab246e7fe2f958c924a3a8.zip"; that would
>> be "f4c871"
>>
> 1. I used the snapshot:
> file:///home/peter/Hämtningar/gramps-source-63f0dc344741c9d8f031bf331c56a5f8282f641c.zip
>
> 2. For the issue with \x8d:
> The offending string is:
> "cs_CZ", "\xc4\x8desky", "czech", "Czech",
> char #1671 ^
>
> which can be found in relplugins.gpr.py line 54:
> plg.lang_list = ["cs", "CZ", "cs_CZ", "česky", "czech",
>
> /Peter

I just pulled the newest Gramps 4.1 from Git (Revision:
adeeec6ab1543bf5c823c406eced3fc26174d154, Date: 12.04.2014 18:31:08) and
get the same error during the start of Gramps. All my prior test were
done with Git 07.04.14(? - I don't know exactly)
- Helge

Dana 12.4.2014. 15:24, Peter Landgren je napisao:

> 2014-04-12 14:57, Josip skrev:
>> Dana 12.4.2014. 13:33, Peter Landgren je napisao:
>>> Tried python 3 in stead:
>>>
>>> User Information:
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> During startup of Gramps
>>>

>>> Error Details:
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> 33403: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 400:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>     File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 369, in __startgramps
>>>       Gramps(argparser)
>>>     File ".\gramps\gui\grampsgui.py", line 277, in __init__
>>>       config.get("interface.view-categories"))
>>>     File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 315, in __init__
>>>       self.do_reg_plugins(self.dbstate, self.uistate)
>>>     File ".\gramps\gui\viewmanager.py", line 738, in do_reg_plugins
>>>       error = CLIManager.do_reg_plugins(self, dbstate, uistate)
>>>     File ".\gramps\cli\grampscli.py", line 314, in do_reg_plugins
>>>       self._pmgr.reg_plugins(PLUGINS_DIR, dbstate, uistate)
>>>     File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 134, in reg_plugins
>>>       self.__pgr.scan_dir(dirpath)
>>>     File ".\gramps\gen\plug\_pluginreg.py", line 1108, in scan_dir
>>>       stream = fd.read()
>>>     File "C:/GrampsAIO4/lib/python3.3/encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in
>>> decode
>>>       return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
>>> UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position
>>> 1671: character maps to <undefined>
>>>
>>> System Information:
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> Python version: 3.3.5 (default, Mar 30 2014, 08:27:32) [GCC 4.7.3]
>>> BSDDB version: 6.0.1 (6, 0, 30)
>>> Gramps version: 4.1.0
>>> LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
>>> OS: win32
>>> GTK version    : 3.10.6
>>> gobject version: 3.10.2
>>> cairo version  : (1, 10, 0)
>> Peter,
>> please include git revision.
>> If you use git to download source use "git log -1 --format=%h" and if
>> you download zipped source then first six characters from hash in
>> filename.For example for:
>> "gramps-source-f4c871bdaf1093096cab246e7fe2f958c924a3a8.zip"; that would
>> be "f4c871"
>>
> 1. I used the snapshot:
> file:///home/peter/Hämtningar/gramps-source-63f0dc344741c9d8f031bf331c56a5f8282f641c.zip
>

> 2. For the issue with \x8d:
> The offending string is:
> "cs_CZ", "\xc4\x8desky", "czech", "Czech",
> char #1671 ^
>
> which can be found in relplugins.gpr.py line 54:
> plg.lang_list = ["cs", "CZ", "cs_CZ", "česky", "czech",
>
> /Peter

Those characters are in my locale also, because that didn't notice problem

If you replace ".\gramps\gen\plug\_pluginreg.py", line 110, from:
fd = io.open(full_filename, "r")
to line:
fd = io.open(full_filename, "r", encoding='utf-8')
does it works?