Quantcast

GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

Hans Ulrich Frink-2
Thanks for this installer which works well on win 8.1 though there is a minor bug on media-view, which isnt showing Date column and horizontal scroll bar, which I reported as bug.

In mantis bug tracker I cannot choose 4.0.2

How will updating work in futere after moving to git? should update-adress in options be changed? at the moment it is

Thanks
Uli

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

DS Blank
On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Hans Ulrich Frink
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for this installer which works well on win 8.1 though there is a
> minor bug on media-view, which isnt showing Date column and horizontal
> scroll bar, which I reported as bug.
>
> In mantis bug tracker I cannot choose 4.0.2
>
> How will updating work in futere after moving to git? should update-adress
> in options be changed? at the moment it is
>
> http://svn.code.sf.net/p/gramps-addons/code/branches/gramps40/

There is no change in the update URL yet, and gramps-addons for all
versions is still using svn.

We may change to a server-based script when/if we change things. But
if there are any changes, we should come up with a transitional plan
for migrating to a different feed.

-Doug

> Thanks
> Uli

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

sturdy
More on the missing 4.0.2 horizontal scrollbar which I had emailed a few days ago. I did not make a bug report because the consensus seemed to be that the issue was likely the Ubuntu 13.10 Unity desktop. I am now using the Cinnamon desktop. No more unity. Cinnamon is much better for me and IMHO much less invasive. However, still no horizontal scrollbar in 4.0.2 so it is not a Unity problem. The missing scrollbar makes 4.0.2 unusable for me so I am still using 3.4.6-1.

sturdy

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

jerome

I do not know if this could help, but you can look at your Gtk3 themes.
eg, /usr/share/themes/elementary/gtk-3.0/scrollbar.css

scrollbar {
    -GtkRange-slider-width: 4;
    -GtkRange-stepper-size: 0;
    -GtkRange-stepper-spacing: 1;
    -GtkRange-trough-border: 2;

    -GtkScrollbar-min-slider-length: 30;
}

scrollbar.trough {
    background-color: @base_color;
    border-width: 0;
    border-radius: 0;
}

scrollbar.slider,
scrollbar.slider:prelight,
scrollbar.button {
    border-width: 0;
    background-color: alpha (#000, 0.4);
    -unico-inner-stroke-color: rgba (0, 0, 0, 0);
    -unico-outer-stroke-color: alpha (#FFF, 0.4);
    border-radius: 10px;
}

scrollbar.slider:insensitive {
    -GtkRange-slider-width: 0;
}

scrollbar.trough:insensitive {
    -GtkRange-trough-border: 0;
}

I suppose there is something around "GtkRange-slider"?

Le dim. 24 nov. 2013 at 17:26,sturdy <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> More on the missing 4.0.2 horizontal scrollbar which I had emailed a
> few days
> ago. I did not make a bug report because the consensus seemed to be
> that the
> issue was likely the Ubuntu 13.10 Unity desktop. I am now using the
> Cinnamon
> desktop. No more unity. Cinnamon is much better for me and IMHO much
> less
> invasive. However, still no horizontal scrollbar in 4.0.2 so it is
> not a
> Unity problem. The missing scrollbar makes 4.0.2 unusable for me so I
> am
> still using 3.4.6-1.
>
> sturdy

> Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech
> innovation.
> Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and
> game-changing
> conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign
> up now.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

Alain AUPEIX
Le 24/11/2013 17:26, sturdy a écrit :
More on the missing 4.0.2 horizontal scrollbar which I had emailed a few days
ago. I did not make a bug report because the consensus seemed to be that the
issue was likely the Ubuntu 13.10 Unity desktop. I am now using the Cinnamon
desktop. No more unity. Cinnamon is much better for me and IMHO much less
invasive. However, still no horizontal scrollbar in 4.0.2 so it is not a
Unity problem. The missing scrollbar makes 4.0.2 unusable for me so I am
still using 3.4.6-1.

sturdy
What is the link with Win version ?
A+
--

Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/

U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.4.5-1 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (2013-11-21 12:16) | HbIDE (Rev.262) | Five.Linux (r138) | Hw.Gui (2198)

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

sturdy
Seems obvious to me that if both versions experience a missing horiz scrollbar, then there is probably a common issue.

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

Helge.Herz-2
Sorry, I don't understood where the missing horizontal scrollbar should
appear (may be it's my bad to understand all information right). I would
appreciate to see a bug tracker issue having a screen shot  for better
understanding.
A first quick check without any deeper background using my 4.0.2 Win
package (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Unstable/ - it's
also running on 32 bit Win) I get horizontal scrollbars in every case I
do expect one (e. g.: Person View list). But as told before: May be I
can't imaging the circumstances to get the same effect as sturdy.

   - Helge

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

sturdy
I just added a quick screenshot for the person view of 4.0.2 to bug report 0007238.
the screen shot shows a horiz scrollbar in the bottom gramplet pane but no horiz scrollbar for the list of persons in the view pane. HTH

Sturdy

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:03 PM, Helge.Herz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, I don't understood where the missing horizontal scrollbar should
appear (may be it's my bad to understand all information right). I would
appreciate to see a bug tracker issue having a screen shot  for better
understanding.
A first quick check without any deeper background using my 4.0.2 Win
package (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Unstable/ - it's
also running on 32 bit Win) I get horizontal scrollbars in every case I
do expect one (e. g.: Person View list). But as told before: May be I
can't imaging the circumstances to get the same effect as sturdy.

  - Helge

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

jerome
I cannot reproduce it!

scrollbar_H.png (9K) Download Attachment

Re: GrampsAIO64-4.0.2-3_win64_py27.exe

Helge.Herz-2
I'm on the way to provide my AIO-Package as portable Gramps for Win:
+ as Win32
+ no SSSE3 needed
+ for WinXP and later
+ GTK-3.10.2 (because of stability)

But: GTK-3.10.2 and Gramps 4.0.2 forces an major issue for the user interface [1] , [2]
Before providing such a portable version these issues should be solved. Is there any thing in action (at least for [1])?
- Helge

[1] http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=7238
[2] http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=7264

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Helge.Herz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm on the way to provide my AIO-Package as portable Gramps for Win:
> + as Win32
> + no SSSE3 needed
> + for WinXP and later
> + GTK-3.10.2 (because of stability)
>
> But: GTK-3.10.2 and Gramps 4.0.2 forces an major issue for the user
> interface [1] , [2]
> Before providing such a portable version these issues should be solved. Is
> there any thing in action (at least for [1])?
> - Helge

Helge,

Both of these issues are annoying, but Gramps can still be used as it
is. Currently there are some Windows users that can't run   Gramps 4
at all because the AIO versions are built for the wrong architecture.

I'm not sure that we can work around these two issues... we might have
to wait for Gtk3 to fix them. (I've looked at the Gramps code for the
first, and I don't see anything we can do. But we might be able to
come up with some kind of trick...)

If it isn't too difficult, can you make the 32-bit version of Gramps
AIO available too?

Thanks for these contributions!

-Doug