Gtkspell not found.

Doug Laidlaw
Starting Gramps (Mandriva RPM) from a command line, I noticed a message:

Spell.py: No module named gtkspell

The gtkspell package is installed.  Spelling is of limited usefulness in a
genealogy program, and the problem may be with Mandriva, but I thought that I
should mention it.

Doug.
--
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.

Re: Gtkspell not found.

Alex Roitman
Doug,

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 15:48 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> Starting Gramps (Mandriva RPM) from a command line, I noticed a message:
>
> Spell.py: No module named gtkspell
>
> The gtkspell package is installed.

This message says that the python gtkspell module is not found.
This module is usually shipped with gnome-python-extras package
(could be also called python-gnome-extras) and is optional.

>   Spelling is of limited usefulness in a
> genealogy program, and the problem may be with Mandriva, but I thought that I
> should mention it.

The spelling would be checked in the notes, if this module
is installed and spell-checking is enabled in Preferences.

Alex