HTML in Notes

prculley
I have a large number of notes in my database that look similar to the following:

Seems to be html.  Attached to Citations and Sources.  These were inherited from Family Tree Maker 2014 via the Gedcom import.  It seems that FTM and/or Ancestry.com did some kind of web page scrape to create these notes.

In any event, I'm thinking of creating a plugin or addition to the Gedcom import that detects these and converts the notes to Gramps Styled text.  I'm pretty new to all this but after spending a few days perusing the code we have now I cannot find any already coded way to parse html into styled text.  But I may have missed something.

I'm open to suggestions or hints if anyone is willing to provide them.

Paul Culley

Re: HTML in Notes

Rich Lakey

On 02/22/2016 12:09 PM, Paul Culley wrote:
I have a large number of notes in my database that look similar to the following:

Seems to be html.  Attached to Citations and Sources.  These were inherited from Family Tree Maker 2014 via the Gedcom import.  It seems that FTM and/or Ancestry.com did some kind of web page scrape to create these notes.

In any event, I'm thinking of creating a plugin or addition to the Gedcom import that detects these and converts the notes to Gramps Styled text.  I'm pretty new to all this but after spending a few days perusing the code we have now I cannot find any already coded way to parse html into styled text.  But I may have missed something.

I'm open to suggestions or hints if anyone is willing to provide them.

Paul Culley

I copy web pages and paste in notes all the time. Gramps strips out the HTML. I am wondering if you copy one of these notes with HTML and paste it back to another note if the HTML is removed.
Rich