Quantcast

Half siblings in Narrative Web

Eckhard Genßmann

Hi all,

I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT shown on the Narrative Web sites.

Is there any way to have them included on the individual’s page?

Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of Gramps  to choose if to include half siblings?

I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista Home Premium SP2, German)

Thanks,

Eckhard

Re: Half siblings in Narrative Web

Detlef Wolz
On 07/27/2010 09:43 PM, Eckhard Genssmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT shown on the Narrative
> Web sites.
>
> Is there any way to have them included on the individual’s page?
>
> Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of Gramps to choose if to
> include half siblings?
>
> I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista Home Premium SP2, German)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eckhard

Hello Eckaard,

I do not understand your problem.

My half sibling is shown under my mothers entry on the Narrative Web site.

Best regards
Detlef

Re: Half siblings in Narrative Web

Stéphane Charette-2
There used to be an option for including half siblings and step
siblings.  I implemented that option at the request of someone else in
my extended family.

Looks like that was indeed removed by someone in 3.2.3.  I don't have
the bandwidth to go through checkins at this point in time to try and
figure out who/where/what.

Stéphane

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:43, Eckhard Genssmann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT shown on the Narrative Web
> sites.
>
> Is there any way to have them included on the individual’s page?
>
> Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of Gramps  to choose if to include
> half siblings?
>

> I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista Home Premium SP2, German)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Eckhard

Re: Half siblings in Narrative Web

DS Blank
2010/7/27 Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]>:
> There used to be an option for including half siblings and step
> siblings.  I implemented that option at the request of someone else in
> my extended family.
>
> Looks like that was indeed removed by someone in 3.2.3.  I don't have
> the bandwidth to go through checkins at this point in time to try and
> figure out who/where/what.

There was a discussion here:

http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Definition-of-step-siblings-td1805431.html#a1805431

which looks like it resulted in an invalid implementation being
removed. Someone could certainly fix that and re-enable the option.

-Doug

> Stéphane
>

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:43, Eckhard Genssmann
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT shown on the Narrative Web
>> sites.
>>
>> Is there any way to have them included on the individual’s page?
>>
>> Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of Gramps  to choose if to include
>> half siblings?
>>

>> I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista Home Premium SP2, German)
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eckhard

Re: Half siblings in Narrative Web

jerome
There was also a bug on collapse relations !
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=4044

I made few tests and after patching I get better results.
English seems not to make the distinction (wording) but it sounds better for some locales like german or french.

Jérôme

> 2010/7/27 Stéphane Charette <[hidden email]>:
> > There used to be an option for including half siblings
> and step
> > siblings.  I implemented that option at the request
> of someone else in
> > my extended family.
> >
> > Looks like that was indeed removed by someone in
> 3.2.3.  I don't have
> > the bandwidth to go through checkins at this point in
> time to try and
> > figure out who/where/what.
>
> There was a discussion here:
>
> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Definition-of-step-siblings-td1805431.html#a1805431
>
> which looks like it resulted in an invalid implementation
> being
> removed. Someone could certainly fix that and re-enable the
> option.
>
> -Doug
>
> > Stéphane
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:43, Eckhard Genssmann
> > <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>

> >> I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT
> shown on the Narrative Web
> >> sites.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to have them included on the
> individual’s page?
> >>
> >> Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of
> Gramps  to choose if to include
> >> half siblings?
> >>

> >> I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista
> Home Premium SP2, German)
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Eckhard

> >> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers
> who use the
> >> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps
> to Palm for a share
> >> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us
> here for more details:
> >> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
> >> http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/

> > The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who
> use the
> > Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to
> Palm for a share
> > of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here
> for more details:
> > http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
> > http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/

> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use
> the
> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm
> for a share
> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for
> more details:
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
> http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/

Re: Half siblings in Narrative Web

Eckhard Genßmann
Stéphane, Jérôme,
do you have information about the current status of the issues with Half
siblings not being listed on the Narrative Website?

>From the previous email chain I got the impression that it would be back in
Gramps in version 3.2.4.

I updated recently (on my Windows 7 box) to Gramps 3.2.4-1 to enjoy all the
news in the system.
Additionaly, I was looking forward to provide a new version of my website to
my family. Unfortunately, half-siblings still don't show up  ...?
Did I miss something? Do I need to set an option somewhere?

Many thanks,
Eckhard

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT shown on the
> Narrative Web sites.
>
> Is there any way to have them included on the individual’s page?
>
> Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of Gramps  to choose if to
> include half siblings?
>

> I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista Home Premium SP2,
> German)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Eckhard

WG: Half siblings in Narrative Web

Eckhard Genßmann
Hi all,
I was hoping to see half siblings in the Narrative websites in gramps 3.2.4
- but I could not see it so far.
Who has information of plans bringing that back into the system? Is there a
work-around available?

Thanks for your help,
Eckhard

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I was confused to see that half siblings are NOT shown on the
> Narrative Web sites.
>
> Is there any way to have them included on the individual’s page?
>
> Wasn’t there a way in a previous version of Gramps  to choose if to
> include half siblings?
>

> I’m using Gramps 3.2.3 on a MS Vista box (Vista Home Premium SP2,
> German)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Eckhard

Re: WG: Half siblings in Narrative Web

Benny Malengier

2010/11/6 Eckhard Genßmann <[hidden email]>
Hi all,
I was hoping to see half siblings in the Narrative websites in gramps 3.2.4
- but I could not see it so far.

It is not present, it will also not be in 3.2.5
As always, officially:
1. double add children with relation not birth to a family for children and stepchildren living in the same family. Those show up just fine I would think
2. All other cases are delicate as some people want them to show and others not. Specifically, many people living now don't want to see them, but for people in the past you want to see them.

The nar web is being split up in parts for 3.3 version to make the code more manageable, so I don't think this will be readded in 3.2.x which is bug fix only.

Who has information of plans bringing that back into the system? Is there a
work-around available?

The code is still present in the plugin Rob said, it is just commented out. Manually removing the comments gives you back the old way it worked (which we consider a wrong steprelation determination though!). Rob can tell you what lines it is normally.

benny

Thanks for your help,
Eckhard