Have broken strings on Media folder

Jean McClendon
Hello, I am using Linux 16.4 (I think that is the correct one otherwise
it is 15.04.0) and Gramps Version 4.2.2.  I was working with Enno to
remove a lot of strings in my media folder and thought I understood what
he wanted me to do but I accidentally broke strings in part of my media
folder.  With his Native language of Dutch and him not using the same
version of Gramps he as now referred me to someone who speaks English as
a first language and preferably in the US.  I am needing help to restore
my media folder.  I have both a.gpkg with media (2-20-2018) and one
without media 2-25-1018 and I have not added anything to either since
this happened.  I am a 68 year old female so I need to have the steps
broken down so that I understand exactly what I need to do.  Is there
anyone that would be willing to help.  Thank you so very much a head of
time. Jean

Re: Have broken strings on Media folder

Nick Hall
On 05/03/18 17:24, Jean McClendon wrote:

> Hello, I am using Linux 16.4 (I think that is the correct one
> otherwise it is 15.04.0) and Gramps Version 4.2.2.  I was working with
> Enno to remove a lot of strings in my media folder and thought I
> understood what he wanted me to do but I accidentally broke strings in
> part of my media folder.  With his Native language of Dutch and him
> not using the same version of Gramps he as now referred me to someone
> who speaks English as a first language and preferably in the US.  I am
> needing help to restore my media folder.  I have both a.gpkg with
> media (2-20-2018) and one without media 2-25-1018 and I have not added
> anything to either since this happened.  I am a 68 year old female so
> I need to have the steps broken down so that I understand exactly what
> I need to do.  Is there anyone that would be willing to help.  Thank
> you so very much a head of time. Jean

What exactly is the problem?  What strings have you broken?