Help Needed Installing Forms Gramplet

link
I can't find the new forms Gramplet.  It is not listed under Help -> Plugin Manager under either Registered Plugins or Loaded Pligins.

I checked for updates (Gramps -> Preferences -> General -> Check now) and no updates were found.

Update preferences are set as
* Check for update: Always
* What to check: New and updated addons
* Where to check:  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gramps-project/addons/master/gramps42
* Do not ask about previous notified addons:  unchecked

MacBook Air, OS 10.5.8

>From Gramps -> About
* Gramps 4.2.1
* Python 3.4.3
* BSDDB 5.3.0
* OS Darwin
* Distribution 9.8.0

So, what am I doing wrong?

Doug

Re: Help Needed Installing Forms Gramplet

rider
> I can't find the new forms Gramplet.  It is not listed under Help -> Plugin Manager under either Registered Plugins or Loaded Pligins.

Try setting your preferences to search for "Updated addons only" or "New
addons only".  I forget which of those worked, but using "New and
updated addons" did not work for me either.

Lynda

Re: Help Needed Installing Forms Gramplet

link
Thanks Lynda, but no luck.  I even tried all combinations check for updates and what to check.  No joy.

Doug

On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:24 PM, Lynda <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I can't find the new forms Gramplet.  It is not listed under Help -> Plugin Manager under either Registered Plugins or Loaded Pligins.
>

> Try setting your preferences to search for "Updated addons only" or "New
> addons only".  I forget which of those worked, but using "New and
> updated addons" did not work for me either.
>
> Lynda

Solved: Help Needed Installing Forms Gramplet

link
Paul F. led me down the path of installing it manually.  Thank you Paul.

Doug

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Doug Lingenbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I can't find the new forms Gramplet.  It is not listed under Help -> Plugin Manager under either Registered Plugins or Loaded Pligins.
>
> I checked for updates (Gramps -> Preferences -> General -> Check now) and no updates were found.
>
> Update preferences are set as
> * Check for update: Always
> * What to check: New and updated addons
> * Where to check:  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gramps-project/addons/master/gramps42
> * Do not ask about previous notified addons:  unchecked
>
> MacBook Air, OS 10.5.8
>
>> From Gramps -> About
> * Gramps 4.2.1
> * Python 3.4.3
> * BSDDB 5.3.0
> * OS Darwin
> * Distribution 9.8.0
>

> So, what am I doing wrong?
>
> Doug

Re: Solved: Help Needed Installing Forms Gramplet

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Solved: Help Needed Installing Forms Gramplet

link
Thank you Sam.  That explains why my plugin directory is empty, other than the manually downloaded forms gramplet, yet there are no updates.

Doug

On Dec 20, 2015, at 1:51 PM, Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sounds like issue:

8897:Default path to the add-ons in the preference settings appear to be wrong - can not download new or updated add-ons

Which only stops Apple Macs from getting Addons.

The next release of Gramps will contain the fix.