Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

link
I get an error (unspecified) when installing the addon.  The webpage [1] for the addon suggests importing two modules, networkx and pygraphivix, neither were found.  The next guidance is to install the modules using pip.  pip was not found by my bash shell.

How do I get or enable pip?

Do I need to download networkx and pygraphivix, from where?

I’m running Gramps 5.0.0 on MacOS 10.13.6 [2]


Thank you,
Doug




[2]  /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/MacOS/Gramps -v
Gramps Settings:
----------------
 python    : 3.6.4
 gramps    : 5.0.0
 gtk++     : 3.14.15
 pygobject : 3.24.1
 pango     : 1.40.12
 cairo     : 1.14.8
 pycairo   : 1.12.0
 osmgpsmap : 1.0
 GExiv2    : 0.10
 ICU       : 58.2
 PyICU     : 2.0.3
 o.s.      : darwin
 kernel    : 17.7.0

Environment settings:
---------------------
 LANG      : en_US.UTF-8
 LANGUAGE  : en
 GRAMPSI18N: /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/share/locale
 GRAMPSHOME: not set
 GRAMPSDIR : /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gramps
 PYTHONPATH:
    /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gramps
    /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python36.zip
    /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6
    /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/plat-darwin
    /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload
    /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/site-packages

Non-python dependencies:
------------------------
 Graphviz  : 2.40
 Ghostscr. : Ghostscript not in system PATH

System PATH env variable:
-------------------------
     /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/MacOS
     /usr/local/bin
     /usr/bin
     /bin
     /usr/sbin
     /sbin
     /opt/X11/bin
     /usr/local/git/bin

Databases:
-------------------------
 bsddb     :
     version     : 6.2.4
     db version  : 4.8.30
     location    : /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bsddb3/__init__.py
 sqlite3   :
     version     : 3.19.3
     py version  : 2.6.0
     location    : /Applications/Gramps500.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/sqlite3/__init__.py





_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

Nick Hall
On 15/12/2018 23:58, link wrote:
> How do I get or enable pip?
>
Try the following:

https://pip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing/


Nick.




_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

Charles T. Bell
On 12/15/18 7:52 PM, Nick Hall wrote:

> On 15/12/2018 23:58, link wrote:
>> How do I get or enable pip?
>>
> Try the following:
>
> https://pip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing/
>
>
> Nick.
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gramps-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
> https://gramps-project.org
>
You should have Python installed, then just enter at a commandline prompt:

sudo pip install pip

If that doesn't work you may need:
sudo pip install --upgrade pip

Good luck,

Charles Bell

--
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." A. Lincoln, 16th U.S. President



_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

Ron Johnson
On 12/16/2018 03:01 AM, Charles Bell wrote:

[snip]
> You should have Python installed, then just enter at a commandline prompt:
>
> sudo pip install pip

Installing a non-existent program with itself?

--
Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

prculley
Since you have Python 3.6.4 that should already have pip installed.  It may be called 'pip3' to distinguish it from the Python 2.x version of pip.

Since I think you must be running on a MAC, you may need to get advice from John Ralls if the pip3 doesn't work.  It may be that the 'packaging' of Gramps for MacOS is complicating things as Apple often seems to do.

Paul C.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 3:04 PM Ron Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/16/2018 03:01 AM, Charles Bell wrote:

[snip]
> You should have Python installed, then just enter at a commandline prompt:
>
> sudo pip install pip

Installing a non-existent program with itself?

--
Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help Needed Installing Network Chart Report Addon

prculley
Regarding the MacOS version of Gramps;

John Ralls writes:
Not only does Gramps.app not include pip, it doesn't even include python: Gramps is a small C program that links libpython.

To install additional modules you'll need to install a separate installation of Python-3.6.4 using MacPorts, Homebrew, or by building it from source. Once that's in place you can use the pip installed along with it as follows:

  PYTHONUSERBASE=/Applications/Gramps.app/Contents/Resources pip install --user networkx

You may need to fiddle the permissions in Gramps.app to allow pip to write.

Regards,
John Ralls

I suspect that this may end up being a major pain and some additional research to get done correctly, but you are welcome to try it out.

Paul C.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:14 AM Paul Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since you have Python 3.6.4 that should already have pip installed.  It may be called 'pip3' to distinguish it from the Python 2.x version of pip.

Since I think you must be running on a MAC, you may need to get advice from John Ralls if the pip3 doesn't work.  It may be that the 'packaging' of Gramps for MacOS is complicating things as Apple often seems to do.

Paul C.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 3:04 PM Ron Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/16/2018 03:01 AM, Charles Bell wrote:

[snip]
> You should have Python installed, then just enter at a commandline prompt:
>
> sudo pip install pip

Installing a non-existent program with itself?

--
Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org