How DID I do that?

Allan Topp-2
I've been away from GRAMPS for quite a while but now I'm back trying to
pick up the pieces ...

Last time around I managed to, somehow, get GRAMPS to create .html files
that were saved either within or outside GRAMPS.

I need to do that again ... but I am darned if I can figure out how to
do it.  And, being of an age, any memory is long gone.

Can anyone help?  Please and thanks.

Allan

Re: How DID I do that?

prculley
html files of what?  If you want the whole family tree, then you are looking for "Reports/Web pages/Narrative Web" or possibly Dynamic web, assuming that you have that addon installed.  Many of the text reports can also be saved in the html format.

There are a fairly comprehensive set of instructions at https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual

Paul C.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 9:58 AM Allan Topp <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been away from GRAMPS for quite a while but now I'm back trying to
pick up the pieces ...

Last time around I managed to, somehow, get GRAMPS to create .html files
that were saved either within or outside GRAMPS.

I need to do that again ... but I am darned if I can figure out how to
do it.  And, being of an age, any memory is long gone.

Can anyone help?  Please and thanks.

Allan

Re: How DID I do that?

Welcome Back Allan

You are probably looking for Menu >> Reports >> Web Pages

If you have been away for awhile, you may want to make sure the
reports are up-to-date. Menu >> Edit >> Preferences

You do not say which version of Gramps you are running but just so you
know, 5.0 is the latest release.

HTH Dave
On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 10:58 AM Allan Topp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been away from GRAMPS for quite a while but now I'm back trying to
> pick up the pieces ...
>
> Last time around I managed to, somehow, get GRAMPS to create .html files
> that were saved either within or outside GRAMPS.
>
> I need to do that again ... but I am darned if I can figure out how to
> do it.  And, being of an age, any memory is long gone.
>
> Can anyone help?  Please and thanks.
>
> Allan

Re: How DID I do that?

Allan Topp-2
Thanks for both replies ... and sorry that I wasn't explicit enough.

So, I have a bunch of files within "Media".  And GRAMPS created .html files of (some of) them.  An example is attached.

I also have a whole bunch of files outside of GRAMPS (typically biographies and place histories for example) which are in a folder called Manual.  GRAMPS web pages however link to them.

As you can see in the examples, GRAMPS created both kinds - lo, these MANY years ago - and, having moved to 4.0.4-1 I need new versions.

Hopefully this is enough detail to be able to help.

Again, thanks in advance.

Allan

ManualExample.html (2K) Download Attachment
MediaExample.html (2K) Download Attachment