How To Export a Family Branch

Dave Gilmore
Hi all,

This is my first time having to use filters for multiple item types and
I need a little assistance. I am trying to export out my wife's side of
the tree. As for the people what i want is her, me, our children and
everyone related to her (all her cousins, aunts, etc). I think I've
gotten that part. But, I only want notes, places, events, etc that
relate to those people. I did an export and got the people I wanted, but
I also got every note, place, event, etc in my database. Can anyone
offer up some guidance please?

--
Dave Gilmore

Researching Gilmore, Anderson, Giardina, Renner,
Fellenstein and Conaway

Re: How To Export a Family Branch

Dave Scheipers
Hi Dave,

You designed your filter which is the largest hurdle.

When you export, as you get to the Export Options and enter the name of the Filter, the last item in the list is the Reference Filter. For some reason it's set to include all, change it to include only referenced items of the people in your filter.

I hope this works, Dave

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Dave Gilmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

This is my first time having to use filters for multiple item types and
I need a little assistance. I am trying to export out my wife's side of
the tree. As for the people what i want is her, me, our children and
everyone related to her (all her cousins, aunts, etc). I think I've
gotten that part. But, I only want notes, places, events, etc that
relate to those people. I did an export and got the people I wanted, but
I also got every note, place, event, etc in my database. Can anyone
offer up some guidance please?

--
Dave Gilmore

Researching Gilmore, Anderson, Giardina, Renner,
Fellenstein and Conaway

Re: How To Export a Family Branch

paul womack
Ron Johnson wrote:
> Or import that "slice" into Gramps and then Tools->"Family Tree Repair"->"Remove Unused Objects". (You'll have to run it a few times to get all the top-level Places relevant only to your side of the tree.)

I don't know if it's fixed in core yet, but "Remove Unused Objects"
doesn't remove Citations.

More generally Citations are not fully supported
in all the places they should be, even now.

   BugBear

On 02/21/2017 03:12 AM, paul womack wrote:

> Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Or import that "slice" into Gramps and then Tools->"Family Tree
>> Repair"->"Remove Unused Objects". (You'll have to run it a few times to
>> get all the top-level Places relevant only to your side of the tree.)
>
> I don't know if it's fixed in core yet, but "Remove Unused Objects"
> doesn't remove Citations.
>
> More generally Citations are not fully supported
> in all the places they should be, even now.

I didn't know that...

Re: How To Export a Family Branch

Paul Franklin-5
> I don't know if it's fixed in core yet, but "Remove Unused Objects"
> doesn't remove Citations.
>
> More generally Citations are not fully supported
> in all the places they should be, even now.

There's a wiki page about running the master/core/development
version of gramps (on a copy of your data), should you want.

More generally, since citations are not an area of gramps I am
familiar with, or pay a lot of attention to, I don't know what bug
reports or feature requests pertain to them.  But I can make the
general comment that things are less likely to be fixed without
a bug report.

Paul Franklin wrote:

>> I don't know if it's fixed in core yet, but "Remove Unused Objects"
>> doesn't remove Citations.
>>
>> More generally Citations are not fully supported
>> in all the places they should be, even now.
>
> There's a wiki page about running the master/core/development
> version of gramps (on a copy of your data), should you want.
>
> More generally, since citations are not an area of gramps I am
> familiar with, or pay a lot of attention to, I don't know what bug
> reports or feature requests pertain to them.  But I can make the
> general comment that things are less likely to be fixed without
> a bug report.

Good point;

  BugBear