How do I change gramps from Danish to English?

How do I change gramps from Danish to English?

Erik P. Olsen
I normally prefer to run my various packages in Danish but with gramps
it's different because it is difficult to relate the English
expressions from for example the user guide and the discussion forum to
the Danish expressions. It would be much simpler if gramps were in all
English.

How do I accomplish this without interfering with other programme
packages?

I am running gramps 4.2.5 with linux, fedora 25.

Erik P. Olsen, M.Sc. EE
Solsortvej 30
DK-2000 Frederiksberg
Denmark

Re: How do I change gramps from Danish to English?

Ron Johnson
On 06/12/2017 07:09 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> I normally prefer to run my various packages in Danish but with gramps
> it's different because it is difficult to relate the English
> expressions from for example the user guide and the discussion forum to
> the Danish expressions. It would be much simpler if gramps were in all
> English.
>
> How do I accomplish this without interfering with other programme
> packages?
>
> I am running gramps 4.2.5 with linux, fedora 25

Try this from the command line:

LANG="da_DA.UTF-8" gramps

On 2017-06-12 at 07:23:55 Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 06/12/2017 07:09 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > I normally prefer to run my various packages in Danish but with
> > gramps it's different because it is difficult to relate the English
> > expressions from for example the user guide and the discussion
> > forum to the Danish expressions. It would be much simpler if gramps
> > were in all English.
> >
> > How do I accomplish this without interfering with other programme
> > packages?
> >
> > I am running gramps 4.2.5 with linux, fedora 25
>
> Try this from the command line:
>
> LANG="da_DA.UTF-8" gramps

Thanks, that was easy: LANG="en_GB.UTF-8" gramps did it :-)

Erik P. Olsen, M.Sc. EE
Solsortvej 30
DK-2000 Frederiksberg
Denmark