How do I tag a complete generation ?

Martnal
I want to tag my great grandmother and all of her generation, (all non-removed cousins, 2nd, 3rd etc).  By that I want all the 4th gen descendants of her 4th gen UP ancestor.

Is there any easy way of selecting the candidates?

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London, Hull and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and elsewhere).

Re: How do I tag a complete generation ?

paul womack
Martnal wrote:
> I want to tag my great grandmother and all of her generation, (all
> non-removed cousins, 2nd, 3rd etc).  By that I want all the 4th gen
> descendants of her 4th gen UP ancestor.
>
> Is there any easy way of selecting the candidates?

It would have to be a set of filters.

You can get the 4th gen UP set by ANDing together
ancestors of X, at least 4 gens, and ancestors of X, not more than 4 gens.

Call this filter "root"

But to come back down is harder, since descendants of <filter>
doesn't take a generation count. Sadly.

So I think you'd have to create 4 successive filters using "children of".

thus
g1 filter is children of <root>
g2 filter is children of <g1>
g3 filter is children of <g2>
g4 filter is children of <g3>

And g4 is what you want. I think. Not tested.

  BugBear