How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello

Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!

For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
run well

Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
gramplet?

Thanks for your help
Manu

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

DS Blank
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Hivernat Emmanuel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!

Just to be clear, you should be clicking the *down* arrow that is on
the right at the same row as the tabs of the bar. When you click the
down arrow, a menu should appear with the choices: "Add a gramplet",
"Remove a gramplet", and "Restore default gramplets".

Does that help?

-Doug

> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
> run well
>
> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
> gramplet?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Manu

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Hivernat Emmanuel
No Doug,
I understand that but when i click the down arrow, the menu doesn't
appear, the first time i click i can just see a border of a menu during
a quarter of a second.

>> Hello
>>
>> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
>> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
>> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
> Just to be clear, you should be clicking the *down* arrow that is on
> the right at the same row as the tabs of the bar. When you click the
> down arrow, a menu should appear with the choices: "Add a gramplet",
> "Remove a gramplet", and "Restore default gramplets".
>
> Does that help?
>
> -Doug
>
>> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
>> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
>> run well
>>
>> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
>> gramplet?
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>> Manu

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

J. Allen Crider-2
I ran into a similar problem when I tried running Gramps 4.0 on Kubuntu
13.04, so I reverted to Gramps 3.4 for now.

Allen

On 06/08/2013 05:40 PM, Hivernat Emmanuel wrote:

> No Doug,
> I understand that but when i click the down arrow, the menu doesn't
> appear, the first time i click i can just see a border of a menu during
> a quarter of a second.
>

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
>>> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
>>> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>> Just to be clear, you should be clicking the *down* arrow that is on
>> the right at the same row as the tabs of the bar. When you click the
>> down arrow, a menu should appear with the choices: "Add a gramplet",
>> "Remove a gramplet", and "Restore default gramplets".
>>
>> Does that help?
>>
>> -Doug
>>
>>> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
>>> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
>>> run well
>>>
>>> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
>>> gramplet?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>> Manu

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Serge Noiraud-2
Le 07/06/2013 20:13, Hivernat Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>
> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
> run well
Same problem here. I think it's a gtk3 problem on ubuntu.

> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
> gramplet?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Manu

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Benny Malengier

2013/6/9 Serge Noiraud <[hidden email]>
Le 07/06/2013 20:13, Hivernat Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>
> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
> run well
Same problem here. I think it's a gtk3 problem on ubuntu.

> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
> gramplet?

Did I not fix it in 40 branch already?

In GTK3, Gtk.menu must be assigned to a variable that is not removed at end of lifetime of the function.
so a change of

    menu = Gtk.Menu( ...

    self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu(...
    menu = self.newmenu

If still on branch 40, put a bug on the roadmap, and a developer needs to hunt where above change needs to be done. The dangers of a .0 release ...

Benny

> Thanks for your help
> Manu

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

J. Allen Crider-2
I just retested this on my system and have submitted bug report 6803 to
the bug tracker.

Allen Crider

On 06/10/2013 04:17 AM, Benny Malengier wrote:

> 2013/6/9 Serge Noiraud <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Le 07/06/2013 20:13, Hivernat Emmanuel a écrit :
>      > Hello
>      >
>      > Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
>      > event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
>      > appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>      >
>      > For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
>      > As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config
>     exist and
>      > run well
>     Same problem here. I think it's a gtk3 problem on ubuntu.
>      >
>      > Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and
>     bottom bar
>      > gramplet?
>      >
>

> Did I not fix it in 40 branch already?
>
> In GTK3, Gtk.menu must be assigned to a variable that is not removed at
> end of lifetime of the function.
> so a change of
>
>      menu = Gtk.Menu( ...

>      self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu(...
>      menu = self.newmenu
>
> If still on branch 40, put a bug on the roadmap, and a developer needs
> to hunt where above change needs to be done. The dangers of a .0 release ...
>
> Benny
>
>      > Thanks for your help
>      > Manu
>      >
>      >
>      > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>      > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
>      >
>      >

> 1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations
> 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services
> 3. A single system of record for all IT processes
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Benny Malengier
This was already fixed in the upcoming 4.0.1.
We are unable however to release 4.0.1 before end of June.

As easy fix: copy the file Relationships_relview_bottombar.ini and Relationships_relview_sidebar.ini from .gramps/gramps34 to .gramps/gramps40

Benny

2013/6/10 J. Allen Crider <[hidden email]>
I just retested this on my system and have submitted bug report 6803 to
the bug tracker.

Allen Crider

On 06/10/2013 04:17 AM, Benny Malengier wrote:

> 2013/6/9 Serge Noiraud <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Le 07/06/2013 20:13, Hivernat Emmanuel a écrit :
>      > Hello
>      >
>      > Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
>      > event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
>      > appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>      >
>      > For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
>      > As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config
>     exist and
>      > run well
>     Same problem here. I think it's a gtk3 problem on ubuntu.
>      >
>      > Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and
>     bottom bar
>      > gramplet?
>      >
>

> Did I not fix it in 40 branch already?
>
> In GTK3, Gtk.menu must be assigned to a variable that is not removed at
> end of lifetime of the function.
> so a change of
>
>      menu = Gtk.Menu( ...

>      self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu(...
>      menu = self.newmenu
>
> If still on branch 40, put a bug on the roadmap, and a developer needs
> to hunt where above change needs to be done. The dangers of a .0 release ...
>
> Benny
>
>      > Thanks for your help
>      > Manu
>      >
>      >
>      > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>      > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
>      >
>      >

> 1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations
> 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services
> 3. A single system of record for all IT processes
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I've just updated to 4.0.1 this bug is still present, I correct it following the instructions of 4.0.0

Manu

2013/6/29 Hivernat Emmanuel <[hidden email]>
Hello,

I've just updated to 4.0.1 this bug is still present, I correct it following the instructions of 4.0.0

The bug should be gone. Works fine for me.
Are you sure your installation was ok? Is Help->about the correct version? If so, please post a bug ticket with the steps you do to see this issue

Benny

Manu

Le 10/06/2013 11:17, Benny Malengier a écrit :,

2013/6/9 Serge Noiraud <[hidden email]>
Le 07/06/2013 20:13, Hivernat Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>
> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
> run well
Same problem here. I think it's a gtk3 problem on ubuntu.

> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
> gramplet?

Did I not fix it in 40 branch already?

In GTK3, Gtk.menu must be assigned to a variable that is not removed at end of lifetime of the function.
so a change of

    menu = Gtk.Menu( ...

    self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu(...
    menu = self.newmenu

If still on branch 40, put a bug on the roadmap, and a developer needs to hunt where above change needs to be done. The dangers of a .0 release ...

Benny

> Thanks for your help
> Manu

http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Hivernat Emmanuel
it's in the file /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gramps/gui/widgets/grampletbar.py   line 466
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04
I've made the installation using   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.0.1/gramps_4.0.1_all.deb/download

I confirm you that in this .deb file the "grampletbar.py" is buggy
line 466

change :          menu = Gtk.Menu()

To :                   self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu()
                        menu = self.newmenu

I'll try to post a bug ticket (I must first find how to do)

Thanks

To :                   self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu()
                        menu = self.newmenu

I'll try to post a bug ticket (I must first find how to do)

Ok, I fixed it already,  revision 22628/9

On Ubuntu 12.10 (which I still use) the menu shows up, which is why I can't reproduce it.
There is another big bug in newer distributions, which when fixed will lead to 4.0.2 (see http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6807 )