How to edit or delete custom made attributes and place types?

How to edit or delete custom made attributes and place types?

emma9158
A while ago, I created a couple of new, custom attributes. Creating them
worked fine, but shortly after I wanted to edit the name of one of them.
This didn't work. Instead, a new attribute was created. I have been trying
to find a way to do delete this unwanted custom made attribute, but haven't
been able to figure out how to do it. I also haven't been able to figure out
how to change the name of an existing custom made attribute.
When looking at the place type list, I think I would have the same problem
there, should I want to change the name of or delete a custom made place
type. Probably also with custom made event types.

Am I missing something, or is this really something that one can not do in
Gramps?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Emma Marie

Re: How to edit or delete custom made attributes and place types?

Dave Scheipers
There's an app for that.

PaulC recently created the new tool (for 5.1). It is an addon so you
will have to install it.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM emma9158 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A while ago, I created a couple of new, custom attributes. Creating them
> worked fine, but shortly after I wanted to edit the name of one of them.
> This didn't work. Instead, a new attribute was created. I have been trying
> to find a way to do delete this unwanted custom made attribute, but haven't
> been able to figure out how to do it. I also haven't been able to figure out
> how to change the name of an existing custom made attribute.
> When looking at the place type list, I think I would have the same problem
> there, should I want to change the name of or delete a custom made place
> type. Probably also with custom made event types.
>
> Am I missing something, or is this really something that one can not do in
> Gramps?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Emma Marie
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: How to edit or delete custom made attributes and place types?

emma9158
Thank you!
I had totally missed this new tool. It worked like a charm.

Emma Marie