How to edit wiki?

sturdy
I made a first attempt to edit the wiki but I see no way to get into
edit mode. Help indicates there should be an edit tab at the top of the
page but I see none. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
Sturdy2

Re: How to edit wiki?

enno
Sturdy2,
> I made a first attempt to edit the wiki but I see no way to get into
> edit mode. Help indicates there should be an edit tab at the top of the
> page but I see none. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
Our wiki does not allow anonymous edits, so you must be logged in to see
that edit tab.

And even if you are, you may be on a protected page. Which page are you
referring to?

regards,

Re: How to edit wiki?

sturdy
Thanks guys, I am logged in and have an account. I've looked at several
pages but none have an edit tab. Here is a specific page. I don't see
anything to indicate it is protected.

https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Manage_Family_Trees:_CSV_Import_and_Export

Re: How to edit wiki?

enno
Sturdy2,
> Thanks guys, I am logged in and have an account. I've looked at several
> pages but none have an edit tab. Here is a specific page. I don't see
> anything to indicate it is protected.
>
> https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Manage_Family_Trees:_CSV_Import_and_Export
I do, and it is. And that's probably because it's a 4.0 page, since I've
seen that mentioned on this list. You should be able to edit the 4.1 page

https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Manage_Family_Trees:_CSV_Import_and_Export

which shows a protect tab here, meaning that it's not protected now.

regards,

Re: How to edit wiki?

sturdy

On 06/11/2014 03:59 PM, Paul Franklin wrote:

> This is even more of a guess than my first guess!  8-)
>
> Perhaps somebody protected all the "4.0" pages (as I
> believe the "3.4" pages are protected?) since soon a
> release of 4.1.0 will be made (by somebody, somehow)?
>
> Do "4.1" pages exist?
>
> (Did I say I am no wiki expert?  8-)

I did some more "clicking" and I see that some pages have edit in the
left column and I can access those. Maybe they are protected, in which
case I guess they will get updated by somebody, somehow! :-!

Re: How to edit wiki?

sturdy
Thanks, Enno
I can edit the 4.1 page but since I'm still 3.4.8, I guess I'll leave it
to braver souls.
Sturdy2