How to enter the TIME of birth?

Phylis Sophical
How and where do I enter the time of a birth, death, or other event?
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: How to enter the TIME of birth?

Nick Hall-6
On 31/05/13 16:36, PhylisSophical wrote:
How and where do I enter the time of a birth, death, or other event?

Add it as an event attribute.

Re: How to enter the TIME of birth?

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I use an attribute on each events call Hour
See the picture (It's a french version but it works also in english one)

Best regards

Le 31/05/2013 17:36, PhylisSophical a écrit :
How and where do I enter the time of a birth, death, or other event?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap2

Re: How to enter the TIME of birth?

Eckhard Genßmann

I added a note to the event – but an attribute may do the job as well.

In the long run, one may consider to add a field for time next to the date field for the events?

Best regards,

Eckhard

How and where do I enter the time of a birth, death, or other event?

Re: How to enter the TIME of birth?

Benny Malengier

2013/6/1 Eckhard Genßmann <[hidden email]>

I added a note to the event – but an attribute may do the job as well.

In the long run, one may consider to add a field for time next to the date field for the events?

This is what attributes are for. Note that Time already is predefined, if you type T it's the first to pop up.
In the long run the attributetype time could be interpreted as an hour format, so as to indicate you type an error.
We might add in the future some attributes also specifically on the main screen, but it would still be stored as an attribute.

Benny

Best regards,

Eckhard

How and where do I enter the time of a birth, death, or other event?

Re: How to enter the TIME of birth?

paul womack
Eckhard Genßmann wrote:> I added a note to the event – but an attribute may do the job as well.

 > In the long run, one may consider to add a field for time next to the date field for the events?

Why not "just" allow the date field to have more precision?

Date already accepts "lower than maximum precision" e.g. just a year, so a date that allows
a time (down the second) could still accept "just" day precision
as at present.

  BugBear